DIY girl’s bow & hairband board holderApril 15, 2014
My girls have a lot of hair clips, flowers, bows, headbands, etc. I’ve been collecting them since Sophia was born. Heck, I even make them. Check out this one, this one, or this one. It’s really easy (and fun) to make your own hair clips for your little princess.
Anyway, this post is about displaying and storing all those hair clips and bows. It’s really easy to whip together this bow board. I’ve seen them in stores for around $20, which is not too bad. But I put mine together for about two bucks! Yes, I had a few supplies on hand already, but I promise this is a pretty affordable project! 🙂
DIY girl’s bow & hairband board holder
- picture frame
- scrapbook paper
- hot glue gun
- Take your picture frame apart. Pull out the cardboard backing and glass. Paint the frame your desired color. I chose a pastel yellow.
- Adhere your scrapbook paper to the cardboard backing.
- Using hot glue, attach a few strips of ribbon to the backside of the frame.
- Reassemble the whole picture frame. I used one of my basic felt flowers as an adornment on the top corner of the frame.
- Attach your bows and clips and headbands.
Here is a picture of the hair bow and headband holder about 6 months later. It’s much fuller! I attached a few more strips of ribbon to the bottom of the frame to give myself more room to attach hair bows and hair clips. An alternative would be to just use a larger frame. For reference, the frame I used was a 8×10 frame from the dollar store.