Make your own non-toxic, edible finger paint: DIY for kidsApril 15, 2014
Kids and finger paint… has there ever been a better match? Kids and finger paint go together like peanut butter and jelly.
My daughter Sophia loves to make masterpieces with finger paint. She will use paintbrushes if I give them to her, but the painting process always involves her fingers and hands. And when toddler fingers get involved, there’s always a chance of the paint going in the mouth. Even paint that is technically non-toxic is not really edible, so if paint gets in her mouth, I start to get nervous usually. Not so with the paint I’m going to share with you all today.
This finger paint is actually edible technically, as it’s made from food-grade ingredients only. That being said, it doesn’t taste good so it’s not like your kid will want to sit and eat a ton of this anyway. However, as usual, it’s always a good idea to supervise your child when she is playing with anything, especially paint.
The recipe is really quite simple and you probably have all the ingredients in your house already.
Make your own non-toxic, edible finger paint: DIY for kids
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup salt
- 1 cup water
- Mix all ingredients together well until smooth and uniform.
- Divide into a few separate containers. Add a drop or two of food coloring to each container to tint the paint.
- Let your kid go at it! Hang up his/her masterpiece.