Are you trying to get more organized in the new year? I consider myself fairly organized all the time, but even I really like to boost my organization once the New Year gets under way. It’s so much easier finding what you need (when you need it) if everything has a home and can be easily found! I’ve written a lot about organizing in the past, including this post, this post, this post and this post – just to name a few!
If you’re looking for easy ways to make your home more organized and don’t want to spend a lot of time doing so, then check out these Simple & Effective Organizing Ideas below!
Easy & Effective Organizing Hacks
1. Tired of seeing all those loose cords everywhere? Banish the clutter by using toilet paper rolls and washi tape to corral all your cords. Easy, pretty and effective! source
2. Have you seen all those drawer dividers at the store? They cost a pretty penny! Save your wallet and make your own- from old shoe boxes! This could not get any easier!! source
3. Have a lot of small jewelry pieces and want to separate it all? An ice cube tray works well- and is very cheap! I’ve been doing this for years!
4. Use a magazine holder to store your aluminum foil, plastic wrap and more in the kitchen! It’s the perfect size to contain all your wraps and foils! source
5. Adding a tension rod in the cabinet under your sink will free up some valuable real estate and make it very easy to access all your sprays! This one is a really smart idea! source
6. Store your measuring spoons on the inside of one of your cabinet doors. Add labels and now you have a very practical and pretty baking station! source
7. Organize your folder by color. Then you won’t need to bother reading or writing labels. Just glance at your files and you’ll instantly know which one you need! Convenient! source
8. Got a lot of Easter eggs at home? They make perfect portable snack containers for your kids or yourself! Plus, the cute colors and small size make them sooo cute! source
9. Use a picture frame to make a dry-erase board! You can make it into a shopping list, to-do list or anything else that meets your needs! Or, you can make it into a “Staying Healthy” command board! source
10. Have a lot of stuffed animals in your house?! Use velcro to attach them to the walls. This is such an easy and elegant solution for a common problem! This would look really cute in any kid’s room or play room! source
11. This DIY memory board is not only easy to make, but it’s so cute and very personalizable! What a great way to keep track of notes, appointments, messages and more! source
13. Got a lot of plastic food storage containers? Are the lids hard to keep track of? Use a CD rack to store all those lids vertically! source
14. Store all your awkward pans and racks in a letter organizer from the office supply store. This keeps them all vertical, and lets you grab just one without needing to move all the others! source
15. Use old cans and tins to store everything from craft supplies to kitchen supplies! A little scrapbook paper goes a long way to making these feel elegant and chic! Check out the easy tutorial! source