Uses for Mason Jars: 46 More Ways to Use Glass JarsSeptember 1, 2023
What are some popular uses for mason jars? Mason jars, those simple and versatile glass containers, have become an indispensable tool in countless aspects of our daily lives. Their popularity is a testament to their adaptability and usefulness. From culinary creativity in the kitchen to innovative DIY projects, and even practical storage solutions, mason jars have transcended their humble beginnings to become a beloved staple in homes everywhere. In this exploration, we delve into the myriad ways to use mason jars, including possibilities for the crafty, the thrifty, and the creatively inclined alike. So, whether you’re looking to whip up delicious culinary delights, organize your space with style, or embark on charming DIY adventures, prepare to be inspired by the limitless potential of these simple glass mason jars.
Got some mason jars around the house? I’ve written about mason jars before. Here’s a list of 46 more creative uses for Mason jars and tips on how to use Mason jars around the house:
- Food Storage: Mason jars are perfect for various uses for Mason jars, such as storing dry goods like rice, pasta, and cereal.
- Preserve Jams: One of the classic uses for Mason jars is to make homemade jams and preserves and store them in jars.
- Salad in a Jar: Layer salads for meal prep with dressing on the bottom and greens on top using Mason jars.
- Smoothie Containers: Blend your smoothie and take it on the go in a Mason jar.
- Homemade Pickles: Use Mason jars for pickling your favorite vegetables.
- Spice Jars: Organize and display spices in your kitchen with Mason jars.
- Flour and Sugar Storage: Mason jars are perfect for keeping your baking essentials fresh and accessible.
- Herb Garden: Mason jars can be used for growing herbs on your windowsill.
- Homemade Sauces: Store homemade sauces, like tomato sauce or pesto, in Mason jars.
- Cocktail Shaker: Make cocktails by shaking ingredients in a tightly sealed Mason jar.
- Grain or Legume Soaking: Soak grains or legumes overnight for cooking in Mason jars.
- Toothbrush Holder: Mason jars are great for keeping toothbrushes and toothpaste organized in the bathroom.
- Cotton Ball and Q-Tip Storage: Use Mason jars for keeping bathroom essentials neat and tidy.
- DIY Air Freshener: Create your air freshener with baking soda and essential oils in Mason jars.
- Homemade Scrub: Mix up a natural scrub with sugar and oil in a Mason jar.
- Bath Salt Holder: Store homemade bath salts for a spa experience in Mason jars.
- Soap Dispenser: Convert a Mason jar into a stylish soap dispenser.
- Razor Storage: Keep razors safely tucked away in Mason jars.
- Button or Bead Storage: Sort and store small crafting supplies in Mason jars.
- Paint Holder: Store small amounts of paint for touch-ups in Mason jars.
- Sewing Kit: Create a portable sewing kit with threads, needles, and buttons in Mason jars.
- Glitter Shaker: Make your glitter dispenser for crafting using Mason jars.
- Candle Holder: Create custom candles in Mason jars for crafting.
- Gift Packaging: Fill Mason jars with homemade treats or crafts for gifts.
- Desk Organizer: Use Mason jars to hold pens, pencils, and office supplies on your desk.
- Paperclip and Rubber Band Storage: Keep small items tidy in Mason jars.
- Mini Desk Garden: Grow small plants or succulents in Mason jars for your office.
- Cord Organizer: Store chargers and cords neatly in Mason jars.
- Bulletin Board: Attach the lids to a board for storing notes or memos in Mason jars.
- Mini Trash Can: Keep a small Mason jar on your desk for quick disposal.
- Flower Vase: Display fresh or dried flowers in Mason jars for home decor.
- Candle Holder: Create a rustic candle centerpiece using Mason jars.
- Lanterns: Place tea lights inside Mason jars for a warm, cozy atmosphere.
- Terrarium: Build a tiny ecosystem with plants, rocks, and sand in Mason jars.
- Photo Frame: Fill Mason jars with sand or pebbles and insert a photo for home decor.
- String Lights: Attach Mason jars to string lights for unique outdoor lighting.
- Emergency Sewing Kit: Store needles, thread, and small scissors in Mason jars.
- First Aid Kit: Organize bandages, gauze, and antiseptics in Mason jars.
- Travel Snack Containers: Portion out snacks for road trips in Mason jars.
- Pet Food Storage: Keep pet treats or food fresh and accessible in Mason jars.
- Potpourri Holder: Fill Mason jars with fragrant potpourri for a natural air freshener.
- Paint Water Holder: Use Mason jars as a container for rinsing paintbrushes.
- Homemade Body Scrub: Mix sugar, coconut oil, and essential oils in Mason jars.
- Coin Bank: Save loose change in a decorative way using Mason jars.
- Emergency Candle: Insert a wick and wax for power outages in Mason jars.
- Rain Gauge: Set outside Mason jars to measure rainfall.
Mason jars are incredibly versatile and offer numerous practical and creative uses. These tips on how to use Mason jars around the house can help you make the most of these versatile containers.