15 creative new ways to use mason jarsJuly 18, 2015
This post contains affiliate links.
Mason jars have been around for some time now. They’re nothing new, but there are new ideas popping up all the time of cool ways to decorative them & put them to good use! I love a great mason jar craft, and if you do, too, then you’ll want to see my list below of various ways to repurpose mason jars.
If you don’t necessarily have a mason jar, you can use most of the following ideas on any old kitchen glass jars you may have around. Great examples are pickle jars, spaghetti sauce jars, olive jars, etc. Here is how I repurposed some old glass jars from the kitchen!
Now, on to today’s post!
Ways to use mason jars
3. You can decorate a glass jar with glitter or colored sand. Simply use double-sided adhesive squares (found in the scrapbooking section of most major retailers). Attach to the jar and sprinkle with sand or glitter. Use a brush to remove excess. Fill with small items or knick-knacks- I filled mine with small paint bottles!
4. Make an oil lamp. How much fun is this idea?! And such a perfect addition to backyard parties and get-togethers!
5. Make a match holder. I love this idea. You can even put sandpaper on the lid to provide a place to strike matches! Genius!
6. Make a convenient bathroom organizer, using mason jars and a board of wood. Easy tutorial and very convenient, indeed!
7. Make storage for kid’s crafts. I love small plastic toy animals, and these jars are so adorable for small kid’s items!
8. Make pizza in a jar. Who knew this was possible?! Throw the ingredients inside, cook it and serve! Sign me up!
9. Make painted vases. This is so cute and easy to do. I love the pastel colors. A set of these would make super simple tabletop decor for the Summer!
11. Make cupcakes in a jar. Just like pizza, you can throw the cupcake ingredients inside and make yummy cupcakes! They’re almost too good to eat…. well, ALMOST!
12. Use the jars for storage. Write on the jars with scrapbook letters and then paint!
13. Make picture frames out of mason jars. What a clever idea! Really cool-looking for a kid’s room!
14. Make a chandelier. This one is much easier than it might look. Perfect for the patio for those Summer entertaining events!
Hope you found some great new uses for your mason jars. Now, go check your recyclables for some old glass jars to reuse.
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to check out these other popular posts below:
15 brilliant home decor hacks for busy people