Healthy Carrot BarsAugust 20, 2015
I’m always on the lookout for easy, delicious and healthy snacks that I can take with me to go! I picked up a bag of baby carrots on my last trip to the supermarket and I decided to try and make some kind of portable bar with them! It came out great! So great that my husband absolutely loves them and may have had a few in one sitting!
Healthy Carrot Bars
1 bag baby carrots
2 cups flour
1/2 cup strawberry applesauce
1/2 cup oatmeal
agave nectar, for drizzling
1/2 cup pistachios, for garnishing
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Submerge the baby carrots. Cook for 10 minutes.
2. Remove carrots from heat. Puree in a food processor. In a medium bowl, add the carrots, flour, oatmeal and applesauce.
3. Combine all the ingredients until smooth throughout. Press the mixture into a rectangular baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
4. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. Top with some powdered sugar and pistachios.
6. When serving it on a plate, drizzle some agave nectar on top.
These are so tasty and pretty healthy on the dessert scale, too! With applesauce providing all the moisture, there’s no butter or oil in this recipe! If you’re not sitting down to enjoy this, you can grab a bar and hit the road with it- it’s super portable!
Hope you guys try it and love it!
Looking for more dessert ideas? Check out these:
Chocolate Drizzled Strawberry Skewers
Light Dessert Recipes
Frozen Fruit Desserts
I definitely need to try this! Sounds amazing!
Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!
You should try this! It’s really yummy! Have a wonderful day, Jess!
These sound interesting! I think I will be the only one to eat them, but that is okay! I am always looking for healthy snacks. Pinned!
They sure are delicious! Hope you try them & love them! Have a wonderful weekend!