This recipe is perfect for the Fourth of July, because you can basically make all the ingredients ahead of time (and even assemble these little dessert skewers before your guests arrive), so that you can focus on your friends/family during the party! If you add some blueberries to these skewers, then you will definitely have that red, white & blue theme going at full speed! Even without the blueberries, these little skewers and so tasty and so beautifully festive, they’re sure to be a fun addition to your dessert table!
Oh, and you will not believe how simple it is to whip these lil’ babies together!!
Chocolate-Drizzled Dessert Skewers
1. box of angel food cake mix
2. strawberries, sliced in half
3. chocolate syrup
1. Bake the angel food cake, according to the package directions. All I had to add to my cake mix was water. It made a pretty foam-y batter!
2. Then I baked it for about 50 minutes! Once it came out, I got my strawberries slices and chocolate syrup ready to assemble my skewers.
3. I also tried to cut quasi-cubes out of the angel food cake. It’s a super soft and sponge-y cake, which made it exceedingly difficult to cut precise cubes. So I cut cube / sphere / tetrahedron shapes, all about the same size.
4. Then I simply threaded onto my skewers a piece of cake, a slice of strawberry, a piece of cake, and so on. Once it was all on the skewer, I drizzled my chocolate syrup over the top. So easy, right? They look fabulous… and they taste pretty amazing, too!
You have to try these Chocolate-Drizzled Strawberry Dessert Skewers!
Looking for more dessert ideas? Check out these other dessert favorites:
Jumbo Chocolate Brownie Cupcakes