If you like chocolate brownies and chocolate cupcakes, then you will love my recipe for Chocolate Brownie Cupcakes. It’s a rich, chocolate-y, fudge-y brownie with the airiness and shape of a cupcake. Let me also say that these are JUMBO! They are big, although that may have been an accident! I over-filled the cupcake molds a bit, so as they baked and expanded, they grew to enormous proportions! But I’m not complaining… 🙂
They’re really a wonderful dessert for parties or special occasions, because the chocolate syrup and sprinkles make them look (and taste) super festive! I hope you try them yourself, and love them as much as I do. This recipe is now on my short-list of Great Chocolate Desserts.
Another plus of these lil babies is that they are semi-homemade. That means I didn’t make them from scratch… (gasp!) Instead, I start with store-bought cake and brownie mixes. That makes life a lot simpler, when you’re cooking with two little “helpers” at your feet. And when I say “helpers,” I really mean “two little kids that want to stir the mix and then throw the mix all over the kitchen!”
Let’s get to the recipe now, shall we?
Jumbo Chocolate Brownie Cupcakes
1/2 box of chocolate cupcake mix
1/2 box of brownie cupcake mix
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/3 cup water
Optional: chocolate syrup and sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the mixes in a mixing bowl.
3. Add the oil, eggs and water to the powdered mixes, stirring until all lumps are gone.
4. Bake for about 18-23 minutes, checking to see when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
5. Optional: Drizzle with some chocolate syrup and add a few sprinkles on top.