I love pumpkin this time of year: pumpkin-flavored coffees, pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin crafts, pumpkin decor, pumpkin printables, etc. You name it: if it’s pumpkin, I’m pretty much on board! That’s why I’m so excited to share with you all this easy recipe for Spiced Pumpkin Bars. It is not too sweet so it’s totally acceptable to have this for breakfast. I may or may not have had Spiced Pumpkin Bars for breakfast a few days this week!
Here’s a peek at these delicious little pumpkin squares. Of course, you could cut these into smaller squares and call them “pumpkin bites” and they would also be portable! Or you can leave them at a big size and devour them along with a hot cup of coffee in the morning! Yum!
Spiced Pumpkin Bars Recipe
1 cup flour
1 cup pure pumpkin puree
2 tbsp. apple sauce
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
handful of pecans, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine the flour, pumpkin, apple sauce, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
2. Pour batter into greased baking dish.
3. Bake for 15-17 minutes until the top starts to darken and harden a bit. Let cool.
4. Microwave the chocolate chips with a few tsp of water to soften them. Drizzle over the pumpkin bars. Cut into squares.
5. Garnish with a few pecans on top of each bar!
How festive and pretty does this treat look!
Perfect for any Fall or Halloween party, this treat is quite the eye-catcher! And the rich flavor of pumpkin, along with the crunch and texture of the pecans, makes this treat totally satisfying!
Want more pumpkin recipes? Check these out!