I made this homemade chocolate pudding the other night, and let’s just say, I will NEVER buy store-bought pudding again. This has been a game-changer for us. I never realized how easy and quick it can be to make your own pudding. Bonus? You can control how much sugar is in your pudding and you can control the “chocolate-y” (technical term, by the way) level of your pudding!
It just requires a few ingredients, and maybe 20 minutes of time to whip up a batch of this stuff. Of course, decorating the finished product with a bit of whipped cream and chocolate syrup never hurt anyone- and only makes this pudding that much more irresistible.
I love the simple chocolate flavor in this pudding. It’s not overly sweet (although you can adjust the sugar levels according to your tastes), which I believe lets the chocolate flavor really shine!! Shine bright, may I add! So here’s how this all goes down!
Homemade chocolate pudding
2 cups milk (I used skim for a skinny version, but whole milk would taste creamier, of course)
3 tbsp. corn starch
3 tbsp. cocoa powder
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Add the cocoa powder to a medium pot and add just enough water (a few tbsp.) to form a smooth sauce.
2. Add 1.5 cups of milk to the pot and whisk continuously to avoid lumps. Bring to a boil.
3. In a small cup, combine the cornstarch and 0.5 cups milk. Whisk until perfectly smooth.
4. Add the cornstarch mixture to the pot. Keep whisking. Bring back to a boil. Add the sugar.
5. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Transfer to small bowls or cups. Let cool for a few hours to firm up.
These are so delicious as they are, but of course, they’re even better with some whipped cream and chocolate syrup on top!
Looking for even more dessert ideas? Check out these favorite posts below!
Chocolate Drizzled Strawberry Skewers