Mango Granola Breakfast Bowl (and tips on weight loss)August 4, 2015
Today I will share with you some basic tips on how I have managed to lose over 50 pounds TWICE (after giving birth to each of my daughters). I tend to gain a lot of weight during pregnancy. Maybe it’s my hormones. Maybe it’s the way I eat during pregnancy. Maybe it’s a combination of a number of factors. Either way, I have successfully lost all the weight after giving birth BOTH times. So I think I have a pretty good foundation of what works for me, when it comes to losing weight.
If you’ve followed this blog for some time, you’ll know that we recently moved into a new house. This process included listing our old home for sale FBSO, dealing with real estate agents, searching for a new home, dealing with attorneys, getting through the whole escrow period and closing the deal. Then we got into a new home and did nothing but WORK on the house.all.day.long.for.weeks! It had been a pretty stressful, crazy-busy experience, and one that resulted in my gaining about 7-10 lbs. So I’m currently trying to lose those extra 10 pounds. Now, I know 10 lbs is not a lot of weight (especially considering I’m almost 5’9″), but sometimes losing a small amount of weight can be almost as difficult as losing a lot of it.
So here are my tips on how I lose weight:
1. I always drink a lot of green tea! I find (and multiple studies have shown) that it boosts my metabolism, so I always try to have at least 1 or 2 cups of it per day during weight loss periods.
2. I hit the gym at least 3-4 days per week. I’ll skip the gym if I know I’ll be running around on my feet all day due to other tasks or commitments, but otherwise, I make the gym the first stop of the day. In this way, I know I’m meeting my exercise goals for the day. I find that if I leave the gym for the evening or second half of the day, I tend to get
lazy busy and find other excuses not to follow through.
3. I drink water- a lot of it. Sometimes thirst will feel like hunger, and I’ll reach for a snack, when I really only need a drink. So I now make sure I drink as often as possible throughout the day. I always keep a water bottle on my desk and have a bottle with my in the car.
4. I chew gum. As long as I’m eating three or four well-balanced meals per day, I try to avoid mindless (and often harmful) snacking by chewing gum. It keeps me busy and takes my mind off the fact that I’d probably rather be chewing a steak! 🙂
5. I always eat a nice-sized breakfast. Here is an example of what I had just the other day: Mango Granola Breakfast Bowl. If I skip breakfast, I find that I get so hungry mid-morning and will be more likely to feast on something unhealthy. So instead, I always opt for a good, healthy breakfast.
Mango Granola Breakfast Bowl (and tips on weight loss)
All I did to put together this delicious breakfast bowl was add some unsweetened Vanilla Greek yogurt to a bowl. I topped it with some pumpkin granola and a diced mango. So simple, so delicious and so healthy! That’s my type of breakfast!
Looking for other ways to stay healthy? Check out these ideas below!
Blueberry Sunflower Seed Breakfast Bowl
How to Stay Hydrated
Refreshing Drinks Perfect for Summer