Blueberry & Sunflower Seed Yogurt Breakfast BowlJune 22, 2015
Many mornings, I have yogurt for breakfast. It’s high in Calcium, it’s satisfying/filling, and I can customize it any one of multiple ways. There are so many ways to change up the way I have yogurt. Today I will show how I used blueberries & sunflower seeds (and a few other fix-ins) to really spruce up my yogurt game!
There’s no need to buy those small yogurt cups from the store… you can make a lovely yogurt breakfast bowl pretty easily! The added bonus is that it won’t have any extra sugar, it won’t have any strange chemicals/preservatives, and it can be personalized to your tastes!
So this is how I make my yogurt breakfast bowl!
Blueberry & Sunflower Seed Yogurt Breakfast Bowl
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt (unsweetened, if available)
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp. blueberry jam
- drizzle agave nectar (optional)
- Place your yogurt in a bowl.
- Add the blueberry jam and swirl it around in the yogurt.
- Top with the fresh blueberries and sunflower seeds. If desired, drizzle a touch of agave nectar for extra sweetness.
I love this breakfast, because it tastes delicious and I know it’s super healthy for me. Right now, I have about 10 pounds that I need to lose. It’s weight that I gained during the transition of packing up the old house, moving to the new house, and renovating for a few months. During that time, I succumbed to eating fast food way too much, and as a result, gained a bit too much weight. Here are some tips that have worked for me in the past, and it’s what I’m following now to try to lose some weight!
Tips to Lose Weight Easily:
1. Always eat breakfast. I never skip breakfast, because I know it means I will get super hungry later in the morning and will wind up grabbing something unhealthy to fill up on… Can you say “cookies” or “chips?” It’s always a no-brainer… eat a satisfying, healthy breakfast every day!
2. Drink plenty of water. I find that sometimes if I’m thirsty, I’ll reach for a bite to eat. We all do it subconsciously from time to time. So always sip water throughout the day. Have a pretty glass filled with water by your side at all times.
3. Drink green tea. I have found that green tea tends to rev up my metabolism a bit. I believe it’s the EGCG (antioxidants and polyphenols) in the tea that truly make a difference. So I try to consume at least 1 (preferably 3) cups of green tea a day. If it’s hot outside, simply make it iced!
4. Hit the gym. As much as I wish there was a way to lose weight without working out, I find that burning calories by doing aerobic exercise is a must! At least, make a nice playlist & bring your headphones – the time will pass more quickly.
5. Be patient. Sometimes I wish that the weight would fly off overnight. But it takes time. It took months to put it on, so it would be unrealistic to assume that it can come off in a matter of days, or even weeks. Take your time and be patient- it will be worth the wait!
I hope these tips (that have worked for me in the past) help you to make some small changes that help you lose weight.