This recipe for Asian broccoli features the flavors of sesame and teriyaki for a truly delectable taste experience. I made a big batch of this at home and let’s just say my kids went after it. Big time!
The girls could not get enough of this broccoli. So needless to say, this recipe is going into the regular rotation. We try to whip up this side dish at least once a week, sometimes more.
Let’s get to the recipe, shall we? It’s an easy one, I promise.
Sesame teriyaki broccoli recipe
- 2-3 cups broccoli, chopped (I used frozen, but fresh broccoli would also work.)
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. teriyaki sauce
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Heat the oil under medium heat.
- Saute the broccoli in the oil until soft & cooked, about 7-10 minutes.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a separate bowl. Whisk together.
- Pour the sauce over the broccoli and let stand for a few minutes until heated through.
- Serve immediately.
Other Asian-inspired recipes include my Asian Slaw with Thai Peanut Dressing and my popular Teriyaki Asparagus.