We love pitchers of freshly-brewed iced tea in our house! There’s nothing better on a hot, sticky summer day than coming into an air-conditioned home and sipping some ice-cold fresh brewed tea! Even better if it’s flavored or has a festive mint leaf floating on top! I’ve written about making iced tea in big batches before and I’ve also written about different ways to flavor your iced tea. This recipe for vanilla mint iced green tea is perfect and refreshing. You should really try it out today!
Vanilla mint iced green tea
- 2 tbsp green tea leaves, loose (or 2 tea bags)
- 1 tbsp vanilla syrup
- 3-4 mint leaves
- sweetener, if desired (I used brown sugar, but regular sugar, honey, or artificial sweeteners would also work)
- Bring a couple cups of water to a boil and pour over the green tea leaves. Let steep for 3-4 minutes. Remove the tea leaves.
- Add the sweetener, vanilla syrup and mint leaves to the tea.
- Add enough ice to chill the drink and enjoy cold!