Decorative Nursery Closet Hanger Dividers DIYJanuary 13, 2012
I like to keep our nursery closet organized by grouping like clothes together. All jackets together, all bodysuits together, etc. I’ve seen hanger dividers online that divide clothes by size, but that wasn’t practical for us. Most of the clothes that our daughter has outgrown has either been donated to friends/family or stored away in a dedicated box for the next baby. The clothes that she does not fit into yet are kept out of the way in a separate part of the closet that isn’t frequented often.
So to organize our daughter’s nursery closet, we divided it by clothing category. The categories we chose were Jackets, Onesies, Bodysuits, and Shirts. We keep her pants in a drawer for easy access. Here is how I made these closet hanger dividers.
Decorative Nursery Closet Hanger Dividers DIY
- Find medium-sized wooden plaques at a local craft store.
- Paint them a neutral color.
- Using the plaques as a template, trace the outline on decorative scrapbook paper. Cut out the paper.
- Using Mod Podge, adhere the paper to the plaques.
- Cut out circles to use as labels. Using a paint pen, write out the clothing categories you will use to organize your closet. We used Jackets, Shirts, Onesies and Bodysuits.
- Adhere the labels to the plaques using Mod Podge.
- Affix some pretty, complementary scrapbook stickers to the plaques.
- Using hot glue, attach some ribbon to the back of the plaques.
- Using the ribbon, hang the nursery closet dividers in the closet to group like clothing items together.