This chicken and vegetable dish is a wonderfully nutritious meal for baby. The pesto sauce is a great flavor addition and will really broaden baby’s gourmet palate. You might just want to set aside a portion of this one for yourself!
- 1 zucchini, diced finely
- 1 red pepper, diced finely
- 1 handful of basil leaves
- 1/4 cup almonds, slivered
- 4 tbsp ricotta cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped finely
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and place all the vegetables in an oven-safe pan with the olive oil. Place the chicken breasts on top of the vegetables.
- Bake the chicken and vegetables for at least 25 minutes until the chicken has been thoroughly cooked.
- Meanwhile, put the basil leaves, almonds, cheese, and garlic in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Add baby water or breastmilk to thin the pesto puree out a bit.
- When the chicken and vegetables are cooked, pour the pesto sauce over them and process the mixture in a food processor or blender until the desired consistency is achieved.
This puree can be refrigerated for a few days or frozen for up to a month.
This puree is appropriate for babies over 10 months of age.
Always consult with your doctor about the introduction of solid foods to your baby.