Makeup Organization Idea: My Countertop Cosmetics StationNovember 13, 2011
I used to store all my loose cosmetic products in a big ol’ wicker basket, but that resulted in my famous bottomless pit of blushes & foundations. Needless to say, it didn’t work at all!
Now I have all my make-up & cosmetic products organized neatly into six categories, each of which fit nicely into a little drawer dedicated to that category. Here is what my make-up organization system looks like on my bathroom countertop.
Each of these drawers has a dedicated category of cosmetic products as follows:
All my makeup components are contained in these six drawers!
- Drawer 1: FACE- foundations, primers, concealers, powders
- Drawer 2: CHEEKS- powder blushes, cream blushes, gel blushes
- Drawer 3: ILLUMINATION- highlighters, brighteners, cream shimmers
- Drawer 4: EYES- eyeliners, eyeshadow primers, eyeshadows
- Drawer 5: LIPS- lipsticks, lip glosses, chapsticks, lip liners
- Drawer 6: MISCELLANEOUS- bobby pins, pencil sharpener, hair ties, perfume roller
And my Sephora blockbuster palette sits on top of the drawers:
My makeup station is so well organized now that putting on my makeup typically takes less than 10 minutes, and that includes the “works” – from eye shadow primer to blush highlighter.
What I love the most about this system is its versatility. It’s very easy to just pick up the stack of drawers and stuff it into a closet or cabinet if I need the bathroom to look super clean (like for a home showing) but for everyday use, it’s the perfect utilitarian makeup station for me!