How to Pack Light!May 24, 2022
I’m someone who generally over-packs… by a lot lot! However, traveling (and packing and unpacking) is so much less stressful when you’re traveling light. On my last trip, I was able to pack only the minimum and it was honestly amazing.
Here are the tips that seem to work wonders for me:
- Make a list. Writing out every item you need to pack helps you visualize the contents of your luggage and helps you edit the overall list.
- Make sure the items you’re bringing can perform multiple functions. For example, a good foundation stick can easily replace a liquid foundation, concealer, under-eye brightener, pressed powder, etc. With clothing, go for versatile clothing pieces that can be dressed up or down easily.
- Stick with mostly neutral clothing colors so it’s easy to assemble unified outfits. Add pops of personality with bright-colored accessories like scarves, bags or hats.
- Layers are your friend! On travel days, I always tend to go with a t-shirt, thin sweater, heavier vest, etc. This way I can easily bundle up a bit or take off layers as the climate varies.
- Go with a high-quality carry-on rolling luggage with spacious pockets. I love this one because it rolls very easily in all directions. Super heavy-duty too!
- These days I try to plan out my various outfits & looks ahead of time. Yes, this takes some time upfront but it truly does save luggage space in the long run.
- Investing in a set of travel-size toiletries is huge! Put all of these mini toiletries in a dedicated bag and keep that always ready to go.
If you have any tips that I missed, do share them below!!