5 Common Beauty Routine Steps You Might Be MissingMay 26, 2022
A little self-care goes a long way. Effective beauty treatments don’t take a lot of time, don’t require expensive tools, and don’t even require a trip to the salon. There are so many skincare routines that can elevate your overall beauty game with minimal effort.
Let’s go through five of them now:
- Exfoliating: There are so many awesome sugar scrubs available nowadays. When it comes to manual exfoliation, less is often more. Don’t actually scrub your face aggressively – simple light circular motions is all it takes. This one is a favorite of mine.
- Ice Rolling: Maybe your skin is looking a little puffy or maybe that under-eye area seems a bit inflamed. If so, then ice rolling will be your saving grace. Simply place the tool in the fridge for a few hours beforehand and then gently roll the tool to de-puff and minimize the appearance of pores.
- Masking: Such a simple everyday beauty, masking is amazing because there are different formulations for different skin concerns. Got oily skin? A mask like this one is perfect. Got sensitive skin? This mask will serve you well.
- Toning: What’s the point of a toner, you might wonder. Well, even the most effective facial cleansers can leave behind dirt, oil and makeup. Toners can be used after cleansing to completely rid the skin of any leftover residue and prep the skin for moisturizing.
- Serums: A lot of people mistakenly believe that a face wash & moisturizer are all that’s necessary for clean skin. However, the right serum can make a world of difference to the health & appearance of your skin. A serum is a liquid that’s packed with ingredients intended to infuse benefits into your skin. I recently installed a dedicated shelf near my vanity to hold all my serums so I will probably write a dedicated post that discusses the serums on my shelf – and their respective benefits.