10 Easy Ways to Lead a Healthy LifestyleSeptember 22, 2016
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #youtheoryturmeric #CollectiveBias
People sometimes think that leading a healthy lifestyle is difficult or expensive. However, the truth is that making smart food choices, taking the right supplements, and getting enough exercise are all it takes to make a big difference in one’s overall health. Today, I am sharing some easy ways to lead a healthy lifestyle, from drinking enough water to taking youtheory® Turmeric Extra Strength 120 Capsules and more!
10 Easy Ways to Lead a Healthy Lifestyle
1. Drink water: Drinking enough water during the day is essential, particularly during the warmer months and during periods of exercise. The good news is that soup, milk and water-rich fruits/vegetables (watermelon, cucumber, etc.) all count toward one’s daily water goals. A total of eight 8 oz glasses per day is ideal for average activity levels. Don’t count sugary sodas or coffee in your total fluid intake. I sometimes like to make a big pitcher of unsweetened iced tea in the morning so that I can always have some iced tea on hand throughout the day. I even add a few frozen strawberries to my drink for some subtle sweetness.
2. Get enough sleep: Sleep is such a critical component to good health. In fact, studies have shown that getting adequate sleep on a regular basis has had positive effects on immunity and weight. The ideal level of sleep for an adult is about 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep per night. A good way to promote healthy sleep habits is to wind down at the same time every night. Try to create a nighttime routine for yourself. In the evenings, I like to write in my journal, place a relaxing mask on my eyes, and just enjoy the calming scent of lavender.
3. Take youtheory® Turmeric Extra Strength: Recent studies have shown that turmeric supports healthy liver function, supports healthy brain function, and supports exercise recovery. I really love that youtheory® Turmeric Extra Strength is made with high-quality natural ingredients that help to maintain a healthy, active lifestyle. Did you know that turmeric is now commonly being touted as an essential daily supplement, along with probiotics, fish oil, and a great multi-vitamin?
I found my youtheory® Turmeric Extra Strength from Costco. The new formulation comes with 120 hypoallergenic, vegan capsules that are free of gluten! If you’d like to try the new formulation, look for the all-orange lid- see the picture below!
The new formulation has more turmeric per dose than the original formulation. While the old formulation offered 450mg turmeric per 3 tablets, the new formulation offers an amazing 1,000mg turmeric per 2 capsules! Isn’t that amazing? I love that I can take fewer pills, yet derive even more benefits from turmeric.
With 3x the amount of turmeric in each vegan capsule, youtheory® Turmeric Extra Strength is packed with antioxidants and is definitely a daily supplement that I love taking. Turmeric supports bodily functions in many ways, including promoting a healthy inflammation response, healthy skin, healthy joints, and more. These turmeric capsules are even enhanced with Black Pepper extract- this extract actually improves absorption 20 fold!
Furthermore, youtheory® Turmeric Extra Strength uses Curcumin C3 Complex®! Have you heard of Curcumin C3 Complex®? It’s actually the most researched turmeric extract in the world and is backed by 90 studies including 47 human clinicals! Now, that’s a product backed by research!
the most researched turmeric extract in the world
Look for youtheory® Turmeric Extra Strength at your local Costco store.
4. Exercise regularly: Moving every day is essential to good health. When you exercise, you boost your energy levels naturally. Aim for 30-45 minutes on most days of the week. To maintain a high metabolism, it’s ideal to spread out your exercises throughout the week. Don’t have a gym membership? Don’t worry! You can take brisk walks, swim or just put on some music & dance! I aim to go for a 45-minute brisk walk several days per week.
5. Consume fruits & vegetables: A healthy diet is well-rounded and appropriately-portioned. Consuming plenty of fruits & vegetables daily is an excellent way to add the essential vitamins & minerals that your body needs to function at optimal levels. In addition to fruits and vegetables, it’s important that one’s diet also contains appropriate amounts of whole grains, low-fat dairy products, lean protein and healthy fats. You can choose to have three meals per day with snacks in between. Alternatively, you can opt for five smaller meals evenly spaced throughout the day.
6. Relax & Recharge: Everyday life can be very busy and hectic. It’s important to take some time during the day to schedule in some time to decompress. Feeling the 3pm slump? Take a quick nap in the middle of the day. Like waking up early? Enjoy your morning coffee out in the garden where you can connect with nature. Love those reality TV shows? Sit back and indulge in your favorite shows while pampering yourself. In fact, I am a huge fan of reality TV and I like to do my manicure while watching some of my fave shows. It’s a fabulous way to carve out some time for myself every day.
7. Focus on the big picture: It can be all too easy to let the small obstacles we face every day get in the way of our calm mood. Did someone cut you off in traffic this morning? Did your air conditioner stop working at the worst possible time? Did the furniture delivery people never show up? Yes, life’s daily setbacks can be a nuisance and totally inconvenient. However, try to re-frame the situation and find that silver lining. There’s always a silver lining! For example, even though the furniture delivery guys are going to be one day late, at least they’ll eventually deliver that gorgeous sectional you got at a great price! Now, that’s something to smile about!
8. Visit the doctor regularly: Visiting the doctor regularly is an important way to stay on top of your health. Make sure you know your numbers: your blood pressure, your weight, your LDL (“bad” cholesterol), etc. In order to make the most of your overall health, be sure to visit the doctor for full check-ups regularly, and be sure to schedule an appointment right away if there’s something that concerns you.
9. Practice proper dental hygiene: To maintain great overall health, it’s essential to practice proper dental hygiene. Make sure you brush your teeth at least twice per day and floss daily. Also, visit the dentist often to get a professional cleaning and check the health of your teeth & gums.
10. Socialize: Did you know that humans have a fundamental need for meaningful relationships? It’s important to stay connected with family and friends. Are you a member of social, professional or spiritual groups? Be sure to participate in the group’s activities regularly to enrich your life and nurture those relationships.
Now, learn more about how turmeric can help you lead a healthy lifestyle and tell me: Have you ever taken turmeric? Do you work out regularly? Do you schedule a time for yourself during the day to decompress?
I’ve been hearing great things about Turmeric! These are all great ways to live a healthy lifestyle. I was just at the dentist two days ago to have my teeth cleaned. 🙂
A friend suggested I try turmeric, but I haven’t taken the plunge yet. I need to really work on getting enough sleep.
These are all great ways to stay healthy. I really need to get better about drinking water. I just don’t like it.
I need to drink more water and get more sleep. I’m lucky if I can get 6 – 7 hours :(. I’ll have to check with my Dr to see if I can take Tumeric. I have hypothyroidism and cholesterol issues. Cholesterol can be weight managed. But, my body seems to like the weight and it keeping it lol. Great post!
Thanks for the reminder about turmeric! I was taking it for awhile, but I haven’t lately. These are all such great tips!
Drinking water and getting enough to sleep is very important to living a healthy life. It really helps me feel better when I get enough sleep.
You really do make it sounds easy to live a healthy lifestyle. I love how easy you make it seem. I will give some of your tips a try, I sure could use some adjustments towards a healthier lifestyle.
i really need more sleep and more water! tumeric would be helpful too.. thanks for posting all of these tips!
These are some wonderful ideas. I’m loving the health benefits of the turmeric capsules!
I cannot stress how important enough sleep is. Without it you’re definitely going to feel out of your game during the day and it goes on the whole week if you continue to deprive yourself of sleep. This list has everything you need to be healthy.
I just love termeric!!! I have Carpal Tunnel and it works wonders as a pain remedy. Don’t go a day without it!
[…] 10 Easy Ways to Lead a Healthy Lifestyle – 1 freebie(s)? […]
Your tips are great and I’m going to try all of them. I keep saying I need to start drinking more water and I need to quit saying it and just do it.
Such great tips! I’ve heard a lot about turmeric lately and am curious to try it as it helps with inflammation! Next time I go to Costco, I’ll have to check it out. BTW, I think we have the same wood/tile floor 😉
Getting enough sleep is what I need. These are great guide. I have to get back to working out again, my only exercise now is walking.
I’m good with most of these, but I need to work on my water intake for sure. I’ve never had turmeric before, and I didn’t know much about the health benefits.
Such a good tips – I need to remember some of that self care more often! #client
I’ve heard about Turmeric and the health benefits you can get from it. Thanks for your tips… I do need to get more sleep.
I’ve been working towards a more healthy lifestyle and do many of these things. They certainly do help a lot. Sleep is what I struggle with the most, mostly because I work and go to school full time.
I am restarted my diet and exercise plan since meeting my husband a year ago. Day by day its getting easier!
All the time.