DIY Sharpie MugJanuary 6, 2015
If you’ve been anywhere near Pinterest in the last few years, you must have seen these DIY Sharpie Mugs. They are all over the place in the blogosphere! I was inspired by this post, so the last time I was at Dollar Tree walking the aisles (trust me, I’m there way too often), I decided to pick up a white mug and try my hand at one of these cute mugs.
I love coffee in the morning and I love having a fun mug to drink coffee out of, so I figured this would be a perfect project for me. It really was so easy, too, and I love how you can customize the colors to your liking. And of course, the design is also completely up to you, as well. I picked the word “sip” because I thought that would be cute on my mug, but other words that would work just as well include love, smile, joy, coffee and tea. Of course you could use your name or that of a loved one. You could just scribble and make all kinds of freehand designs and shapes. The possibilities here are truly endless.
Let’s check out the tutorial now, shall we?
DIY Sharpie Mug
- cheap white mug
- permanent marker in your choice of color(s)
- alphabet stickers
- Place your stickers on the mug.
- Using your marker(s), draw tiny dots around the edges of your stickers. You can decide whether you want a thin row of dots or a thick row of dots.
- Peel off stickers.
- Place mug in oven.
- Set oven to 375. Once oven reaches set temperature, set timer to 30 minutes. Once the time is up, shut off the oven and let the oven cool.
- Once the oven is cool, then remove the mug from the oven.
Enjoy! Fun, isn’t it?