Sweet lychee milk tapioca bubble tea drinkMarch 8, 2012
Whenever I go to Chinatown, one of the first things I get is one of those bubble tea drinks. They are so interesting and fun to drink. And now I can make them at home, which by the way, is quite impressive to guests!
You can get canned lychees from the International aisle of many large supermarkets. They look like this in a bowl.
Lychee milk tapioca bubble drink recipe
- 2 tbsp tapioca pearls
- 1 can lychees in syrup
- 1 cup milk
- honey, to taste (optional)
- Cook the tapioca pearls in boiling water for ~25 minutes, until they turn transparent and soft. Let them cool.
- Add them to the bottom of a clear glass. Pour on top about 1/4 cup of the lychee syrup.
- Top with milk and drizzle some honey on top for extra sweetness.
- Garnish with a lychee on the rim of the glass and enjoy!