Custom Nursery Yarn-Wrapped Letters DIYOctober 14, 2011
As you know I am a huge fan of custom nursery art. I absolutely love unique, personalized letters for a baby nursery. These yarn-wrapped wooden letters were so easy and affordable to make. It only took me about 30 minutes to make these and I love the way they look on the shelf in the baby’s room.
- Plan out your concept. Which word do you want to create? Popular options are the baby’s name or inspirational words like Faith, Love or Joy (I am biased about that last one for a baby’s room!)
- Find your letters. I picked up my letters from Walmart and they were about a buck apiece.
- Select a yarn color that goes well with the color theme in your baby’s room. Sophia’s room has pink, orange and yellow accents so when I found yarn with those exact colors at Walmart, I was thrilled!
- Use a drop of hot glue on the beginning piece and start wrapping the yarn around the letter. Try to keep the yarn taut, and if your chosen yarn has multiple colors as mine did, make sure you allow the colors to overlap neatly. When you are done wrapping a letter, use a few drops of hot glue to affix the yarn tip to the backside of the letter.
- Now just repeat this process on the other letters that form your desired word. And voila you have adorable letter art!
I love how it is so cheap and easy to get color-coordinating nursery art with this DIY project. I placed my letters on a cute white shelf that has some books and a textured polar bear. Here is one final look at the letters on the shelf!
Hi, friend! I’m admiring all the creativity here. Can you please join me at my Creative Bloggers’ Party & Hop? Hope to see you there 🙂
Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!
I like how these turned out. I’m plotting how to make some for the holidays. Thanks for the inspiring idea!
Thanks for visiting! This same idea would look great for the holidays if you pick a word like “Noel” or “Santa”!
What a great idea. Love the colors. Thanks for joining TTT and Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs, marty
Thanks & Happy Thanksgiving to you too!