7 Time-Saving Beauty Tips for Smoother MorningsDecember 8, 2020
This post was sponsored by Gray Away as part of an Influencer Activation and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
As a busy mom & blogger, I have a handful of time-saving beauty hacks when it comes to getting ready in the mornings. Today I’m going to share 7 essential tips to get out the door quickly on busy mornings, featuring Gray Away Temporary Root Concealer Spray. This convenient, easy-to-use spray is an effective way to conceal gray roots.
1. Use Gray Away to target gray roots. Fun fact: I got my first gray hairs when I was in college! 🙁 I don’t have a ton of them, but I have enough gray hairs that they definitely bother me. Going to the salon every month is both inconvenient & expensive. Plus, let’s face it… these days, I’m trying not to leave the house for non-essential purposes. That’s why I’ve been a loyal Gray Away user for years now and why I’ve especially loved it over the past several months. It’s an affordable, salon-quality root concealer that can be used in the privacy of your home.
Gray Away is so easy to apply. Simply spray it right onto any gray roots and watch them become magically concealed! This is the perfect solution for a lunch date or a girl’s night out or even a trip to the gym. Keeping those gray roots concealed has never been easier!
This year, we have a number of socially-distant gatherings online with family & friends over the holidays and I still want to make sure I look my best. This Temporary Root Concealer Spray is a revolutionary breakthrough in hair care that offers a fast, effective way to touch up gray roots.
As they say, the proof is in the pudding. Check out these before & after pictures!
In addition to the spray, I love the touch-up stick for on-the-go fixes. The Root Touch-Up Quick Stick provides highly-targeted gray root coverage at the hairline & eyebrows. In fact, it’s dual-ended with an angled tip for precise application and a sponge tip for simple blending. Perfect addition to my handbag for on-the-go touch-ups!
If you’d like a convenient solution for your gray roots this year, check out Gray Away Temporary Root Concealer Spray online or at your local ULTA Beauty.
2. Opt for multi-tasking products. Products that serve multiple purposes can save you plenty of time when getting ready in the mornings.
- Use a tinted moisturizer with luminous particles; this can replace a foundation, primer, foundation, and highlighter.
- Use a stain stick that can be applied to the lips & cheek; this can replace lipstick and blush.
- Use a lip balm to tame unruly eyebrows. A quick swipe will impart a waxiness to the brows that will keep them in place for hours.
- Use coffee filters as blotting sheets. The thin paper of coffee filters works in much the same way as expensive blotting sheets, absorbing excess oil.
3. Thin out clumpy mascara. If your mascara has gotten too clumpy, avoid the spider-eyelash look by adding a few drops of contact lens solution to your mascara tube. Make sure to replace the mascara if it has been a few months since your last mascara.
4. Lengthen the time between shampooing your hair. Don’t have time to shampoo your hair every morning? Use a bit of dry shampoo to absorb excess oil and freshen up your hair. This tip alone can help you get out of the house in half the time.
5. Let your hair air dry. Drying your hair with a styling tool takes a lot of time and effort, especially on busy mornings. Instead, go for a more casual air-dried look. If you want curls, consider putting your hair in braids the night before and enjoy heatless beach waves in the morning.
6. Use petroleum jelly as a moisturizing powerhouse. Keep a jar of it by your bed to apply to the lips, hands, feet, eyebrows, etc. before bed. Consider putting on some cotton gloves/socks on pre-lotioned hands/feet before bed for super soft skin in the morning.
7. Simplicity is key. When it comes to makeup brushes, less is more on busy mornings. To save time, don’t fuss with 16 different makeup brushes. Stick with the basics (powder brush, blush brush and blending eye brush.) Keep it simple to save both time and money. I still like to have other brushes on-hand for creating more dramatic looks occasionally but for the vast majority of the time, I just don’t need them.
Don’t forget to check out Gray Away to help conceal your gray roots. Do you follow any of these tips? Have you experienced the ease of use and convenience of Gray Away?