I love avocados. And so do my kids. In fact, avocado was a first food for both of my daughters. I mean, who can blame them? The sweet flavor, the creamy texture… avocados are good food!
I’ve seen avocados being used in brownies before and it makes sense. It adds so much moisture and such a creamy texture. And the best part? Avocados offer a good fat- a healthy fat! So there’s definitely less guilt when indulging in this shake, which is perfect since I’m trying to make smart food choices throughout the New Year!
So if you like avocados, and if you like chocolate, you have to try this recipe! Trust me, this will not disappoint!
Healthy Chocolate Avocado Shake
Here is the easy recipe!
- 1 avocado
- 3 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate shavings
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup ice
- Optional: sweetener (either sugar or artificial)
- Optional: whipped cream for garnish
- 1. Add the ingredients to a high-powered blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- 2. Serve in a clear glass and garnish with whipped cream, if desired.
This was such a fun, delicious recipe to make! I may or may not have had one of these shakes for breakfast the other day!! Avocados are good for you, right?! 😉