Everyday life can be very busy! Between getting the most out of the last few weeks of summer and gearing up for the back-to-school season, we have been running around a lot recently. However, amid the hustle and bustle of busy times, I always make sure to maintain a healthy lifestyle for myself and my kids. In fact, instilling positive habits in my kids is one of my main responsibilities as a mom. Today, I’ll be sharing some healthy habits for kids, such as encouraging them to play outside regularly and to enjoy wholesome, nutritious snacks like CLIF Kid Zbars®.
A Healthy Lifestyle for Kids: Instilling Positive Habits
1. Eat breakfast: Even in the busiest of times, eating a proper, well-balanced breakfast is vital! I encourage my kids to have a wholesome breakfast every day to ensure that they have the fuel they need for adventure-filled days. My daughters both love hard-boiled eggs, along with some cheese and fruit, for breakfast!
2. Brush teeth: A proper oral care routine is definitely a healthy habit that I make sure my daughters follow. Brushing twice a day, using mouth rinse and flossing are all simple steps that make a big difference. Keeping our teeth in top shape only takes a few minutes per day.
3. Encourage play time: Just like adults need aerobic exercise, kids also benefit from regular activity. Playing outdoors is something that I enjoyed immensely as a child, and now I try to encourage my kids to get outside and play every day! Sometimes that means heading to a place of play! One of my daughter’s favorite activities is hanging on the monkey bars!
She also absolutely loves her bike and we will often go for a ride around the neighborhood. She recently got a unicorn helmet and it’s her favorite accessory ever! Playing is what keeps kids content and balanced. As mom, I make sure to get my kids moving every single day.
4. Drink water: Water is my favorite beverage to drink throughout the day, so I encourage my daughters to opt for water, as well. Rather than fill up on high-calorie juices or sodas, we drink water to hydrate during the day. And yes, my girls drink water out of their own mason jars… like mother, like daughter! 🙂
5. Ensure adequate sleep every night: Getting adequate sleep every night is very important to recharge for the next day’s activities. To facilitate bedtime for my kids, I created a routine that works well for us. The routine includes a bath, a story book and and a few lullaby songs. Their favorite part is definitely story time with mom.
6. Focus on proper nutrition: To fuel their active, adventure-filled days, I encourage them to focus on proper nutrition. I’m always teaching them the importance of making smart food choices. One snack that we love is the CLIF Kid® Zbar®, which is made with organic ingredients and is specially-crafted for kids!
CLIF Kid snacks are the perfect choice for kids since they feature the tasty flavors that kids crave along with the nutrients that kids require!
Plus, the portion size is perfect for kids. She tried the Iced Oatmeal Cookie and Chocolate Chip varieties and enjoyed both of them.
Did you know that CLIF Kid Zbars® are free of high fructose corn syrup and artificial flavors? That’s something I definitely appreciate! They’re also non-GMO so it’s a food I can feel good about feeding to my kids.
My daughter loves doing arts & crafts. When she is busy working on a masterpiece, she loves to snack on one of these delicious bars!
Have your kids played outside today? CLIF Kid is encouraging parents & kids to get outside and play every day! Did you know that 70% of moms played outdoors when they were young, but only 31% of kids play outside today? That’s a statistic that we need to change! A healthy, successful child needs to get outside to play and fuel their need for adventure!
Want to learn more about CLIF Kid? Check out this video here to see the importance of play time. Do you encourage your kids to play outside? Have your kids tried the CLIF Kid Zbars®?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.