A Healthy Lifestyle for Kids: Instilling Positive HabitsAugust 25, 2016
Everyday life can be very busy! Between getting the most out of the last few weeks of summer and gearing up for the back-to-school season, we have been running around a lot recently. However, amid the hustle and bustle of busy times, I always make sure to maintain a healthy lifestyle for myself and my kids. In fact, instilling positive habits in my kids is one of my main responsibilities as a mom. Today, I’ll be sharing some healthy habits for kids, such as encouraging them to play outside regularly and to enjoy wholesome, nutritious snacks like CLIF Kid Zbars®.
A Healthy Lifestyle for Kids: Instilling Positive Habits
1. Eat breakfast: Even in the busiest of times, eating a proper, well-balanced breakfast is vital! I encourage my kids to have a wholesome breakfast every day to ensure that they have the fuel they need for adventure-filled days. My daughters both love hard-boiled eggs, along with some cheese and fruit, for breakfast!
2. Brush teeth: A proper oral care routine is definitely a healthy habit that I make sure my daughters follow. Brushing twice a day, using mouth rinse and flossing are all simple steps that make a big difference. Keeping our teeth in top shape only takes a few minutes per day.
3. Encourage play time: Just like adults need aerobic exercise, kids also benefit from regular activity. Playing outdoors is something that I enjoyed immensely as a child, and now I try to encourage my kids to get outside and play every day! Sometimes that means heading to a place of play! One of my daughter’s favorite activities is hanging on the monkey bars!
She also absolutely loves her bike and we will often go for a ride around the neighborhood. She recently got a unicorn helmet and it’s her favorite accessory ever! Playing is what keeps kids content and balanced. As mom, I make sure to get my kids moving every single day.
4. Drink water: Water is my favorite beverage to drink throughout the day, so I encourage my daughters to opt for water, as well. Rather than fill up on high-calorie juices or sodas, we drink water to hydrate during the day. And yes, my girls drink water out of their own mason jars… like mother, like daughter! 🙂
5. Ensure adequate sleep every night: Getting adequate sleep every night is very important to recharge for the next day’s activities. To facilitate bedtime for my kids, I created a routine that works well for us. The routine includes a bath, a story book and and a few lullaby songs. Their favorite part is definitely story time with mom.
6. Focus on proper nutrition: To fuel their active, adventure-filled days, I encourage them to focus on proper nutrition. I’m always teaching them the importance of making smart food choices. One snack that we love is the CLIF Kid® Zbar®, which is made with organic ingredients and is specially-crafted for kids!
CLIF Kid snacks are the perfect choice for kids since they feature the tasty flavors that kids crave along with the nutrients that kids require!
Plus, the portion size is perfect for kids. She tried the Iced Oatmeal Cookie and Chocolate Chip varieties and enjoyed both of them.
Did you know that CLIF Kid Zbars® are free of high fructose corn syrup and artificial flavors? That’s something I definitely appreciate!
My daughter loves doing arts & crafts. When she is busy working on a masterpiece, she loves to snack on one of these delicious bars!
Have your kids played outside today? CLIF Kid is encouraging parents & kids to get outside and play every day! Did you know that 70% of moms played outdoors when they were young, but only 31% of kids play outside today? That’s a statistic that we need to change! A healthy, successful child needs to get outside to play and fuel their need for adventure!
Want to learn more about CLIF Kid? Check out this video here to see the importance of play time. Do you encourage your kids to play outside? Have your kids tried the CLIF Kid Zbars®?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Routines help life move along easily. I love that you have created a healthy lifestyle for your kids sometimes it can be challenging.
These are great tips for a healthier lifestyle for kids. Now if only the active part they would keep into teen years! 🙂 Great post 🙂
Instilling healthy values is so important – my boys love their mason jars too! They would live on fruit and nuts if they could!
My family loves Zbars. I and the kids love them, and the fact that they’re good for us is a big, big plus.
It’s so important to teach kids a healthy lifestyle early on. These are all great ways to ge kids started on the path to a healthy life.
I think that it is important that kids need to be active these days. They spend to much time inside the house and don’t know what its really like to enjoy the outdoors.
This is a great list! It’s so important to make sure our kids grow up with a healthy lifestyle. I try to follow all of these with my kids every day.
Healthy eating is so important. It’s what i grew up knowing and i want my kids to know it too. These look great, and I’m so glad to see more ways to instill healthy, and positive eating habits!
What great ways to instill healthy lifestyle options for kids. I bet they will grow up thinking this is the norm and it will become their routine to make healthy lifestyle choices even as adults.
It is a continual process – especially after the reach their teens. My son for some reason needs to be retaught everything!! ☺
[…] A Healthy Lifestyle for Kids: Instilling Positive Habits – 1 freebie(s)? […]
I am going to have to pick up these bars for a quick snack at school. I have never heard of them before but they sound like the perfect snack to pack for on the go.
my son is 3 so we are definitely working on healthy habits at our house, especially sleep. i miss sleep lol. i’ll have to give CLIF kids a try!
My kids love Clif Bars…. we always buy them from local warehouse stores..
Oh, I will check these. My son will surely love these for his snacks at school.
We love Clif Bars around here! They are perfect for snacks and to stick in lunch bags and even while on the go.
My kids take snack everyday and these would be a good idea to include them in the grocery run this week.
Healthy eating, brushing, and playtime, all are critical for a healthy lifestyle for kids.