9 Ways to Get Your Home Ready for SpringApril 13, 2016
With Spring in full swing, it’s time to get the home looking & feeling bright for the warmer months ahead. Spring is one of my favorite times of the year- and for good reason! The weather warms up, we all spend so much time outdoors, the flowers bloom, etc. If you’re looking for easy ways to brighten up your home for Spring & Summer, check out this list of 9 Ways to Get Your Home Ready for Spring!
9 Ways to Get Your Home Ready for Spring
1. There’s nothing as reminiscent of Spring as some freshly-cut flowers! If you have a garden, simply place some cut greenery and flowers in a vase with some water. If you don’t have a garden, pick up some flowers during your next trip to the market!
2. Update some shelving in your home with some bright floral wallpaper. You can use the removable kind or the permanent kind. Either way, it’s an easy project to brighten up any bookcase or built-in shelving.
3. Lighten up some furniture. If you have a coffee table that is tired-looking and drab, give it a new life with a coat of fresh, bright paint.
4. Opt for light bedding. Stick to white and light-colored bedspreads/curtains to keep your room feeling light & bright!
5. Add natural elements to your decor, including rattan, live plants and some branches.
6. Show off your front door with a fresh coat of vibrant paint. You can either go for a bold color (red, blue, etc.) or stick to a neutral (beige, gray, black, etc.)
7. Get those closets organized. There’s something about Spring that makes me want to clean and organize my home. There’s no better time to streamline your space than the Spring!
8. Some fresh floral artwork is a great way to make sure your walls have a lovely Spring element. You can purchase finished frames with pictures of flowers from the store or you can simply photograph (& print) flowers from your own yard!
9. Choose a new Spring-themed doormat to welcome your neighbors to your home in style!
10. Hang a colorful wreath on your front door! I’m a huge wreath fan (and have more than I care to admit), so I always have a wreath hanging on my front door. It’s a great way to add a bright pop of color to your door!