This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FormulaForHappiness #GerberTarget #CollectiveBias
For a new mom, taking care of an infant can be very exciting, but it can also be a bit overwhelming. There are so many different things to keep in mind. Today, I will be sharing some tips that have worked for us to keep baby content! After all, when baby is happy, the whole family is happy! From using Gerber® Good Start® Gentle Stage 1 Infant Formula to heading outdoors for a walk, keep reading for a list of easy-to-implement tips to keep baby content & comfortable.
Whether you’re planning to use Gerber products to supplement, to soothe or to formula feed only, rest assured that there is a product for that need. I relied on Gerber to help supplement my younger daughter’s diet. I was not able to exclusively breastfeed and it was such a relief knowing that this infant formula is designed to provide the right nutrition that my baby needs.
9 Tips for a Happy Baby
1. Exercise: Just like adults and older children, babies have energy that they need to expend. Is your little one walking yet? Take out a ball and encourage some active play. Is baby crawling? Get on the floor with baby and crawl, too. Make it a game and try to encourage your little one to move next to you! Even if your baby is not crawling or walking, she’s probably kicking her feet. If so, grab them, tickle them and giggle with her. Make it fun for her and she will enjoy this playful game. I always get down on the floor to play with my kids. They love it when I playfully chase them around the living room!
2. Cuddle: Babies love to cuddle with Mom & Dad. Be sure to spend plenty of time each day, simply holding and cuddling your little one. You can sit next to each other on the couch and read a story book or sing a nursery rhyme. Reading to the kids has always been a passion of ours. We have a few storytimes throughout the day, so we set up little libraries in the kids’ rooms to make it easy to grab a favorite book.
3. Play with toys: To keep boredom away, babies need fun, engaging toys. Of course, it’s essential to stick to age-appropriate toys that are designed for very young children. My kids always loved toys with bright colors, toys that are cuddly, and toys that are musical. Stuffed animals, balls and interactive toys have always been well-received by my kids.
4. Establish a routine: Keeping a predictable routine not only helps to structure your day’s activities, but it also helps to give baby a sense of order. My kids love having a predictable routine, particularly for bedtime. Our bedtime routine includes a bath, story time, and a calming massage. The kids love bath time, especially playing with the bath squirters and waterproof bath books!
5. Do silly play: Keep baby engaged with plenty of silly play! What is silly play? Simply make funny faces at her and encourage her to do the same. Giggle together! Tickle her belly and laugh out loud. Try playing peekaboo with her- she’ll love to see your face disappear and then reappear. Sing songs together in a loud voice! Most of all, have fun and enjoy the simple moments!
6. Celebrate milestones: Achieving developmental milestones is an exciting part of babyhood and toddlerhood. Your little one is likely pretty excited & proud of this newfound achievement, too. Be sure to celebrate it with her (praise her, hold her, etc.) I still remember all of my children’s’ firsts. The first smile. The first word. The first steps. The first tooth. Here is a picture of her first crawl! It’s a beautiful memory that I will hang onto forever.
7. Go outdoors: There’s something magical about babies and the great outdoors. I remember quelling many tantrums by simply bringing my little ones outside. If baby is walking, bring her to the park and let her explore. If baby is not walking yet, simply place her in the stroller and go for a walk. Alternatively, just carry baby around the block. I remember many walks with my babies when I needed to soothe some fussiness.
8. Stay calm & happy: Babies often mimic the moods and behaviors of their parents. Want baby to be happy? Be happy yourself. Keep your nerves and frustrations in check at all times and model the behavior you’d like to see from your baby. She’ll likely follow suit and be calm & happy too!
9. Keep her well-fed: Whether baby is breastfeeding, formula feeding or a little of both, one thing is certain. Keeping baby well-fed is important to keeping her happy! And when baby is happy, everyone is happy. What I love about the Gerber® Good Start® Gentle Stages product line is that each product is for a particular need. Are you looking to supplement? Interested in formula feeding only? Gerber® Good Start® Gentle Stages has a product designed for each of these needs! The products in this line include: Gerber® Good Start® Gentle Stage 1 Infant Formula, Gerber® Good Start® Gentle Stage 2 Infant Formula, Gerber® Good Start® Stage 3 Toddler Drink, Gerber® Good Start® Stage 1 Gentle for Supplementing Infant Formula, and Gerber® Good Start® Soothe Stage 1 Infant Formula.
Many parents prefer products with non-GMO ingredients, so all Gerber formulas are non-GMO. After all, Gerber is committed to serving the needs of the consumer. We’ve been using the Gerber® Good Start® Gentle Stage 1 Infant Formula. It’s formulated for tiny tummies (birth to 12 months). I really love that the Gerber® Good Start® Gentle Stage 1 Infant Formula is modeled after the complete nutrition and gentleness of breastmilk.
Did you know that the Gerber Nutrition Journey is a stage-based system of products that are consistent with the American Academy of Pediatrics guidelines? The Gerber Nutrition Journey advocates starting with breastfeeding, because breast milk is the perfect food for babies. What I really love is that with Gerber products, feeding choices are based on developmental stages, rather than chronological age. I can simply look at the color-coded icons on the Gerber products and instantly know if a particular product is appropriate for my little one. For growing toddler tummies, the Gerber® Good Start® Stage 3 Toddler Drink offers nutrition that’s specifically formulated for toddlers’ needs. This toddler drink even includes probiotics!
It’s easy to prepare this toddler drink. I can simply mix a few scoops with water for a nutritious beverage that my toddler will enjoy.
Gerber sent me some samples to try and I also stocked up at my local Target. Here is a CARTWHEEL OFFER for your next Target trip. This offer is valid from 9/4 – 9/17.
Look for Gerber® Good Start® Gentle Stage 1 Infant Formula, and the rest of the Gerber line, at your local Target store in the baby care aisles.
Now, learn more about Gerber® Good Start® Gentle Stage 1 Infant Formula and tell me: What do you love about Gerber products? How do you keep your baby happy throughout the day?