DIY Wooden Harvest SignSeptember 13, 2015
I love making seasonal decor, and since Fall is my favorite season, I’ve made quite a few little craft projects for Fall already, like this fall floral wreath, this leaf & branch centerpiece, and this “Happy Fall” wreath! I have another super-simple decoration idea that I’ll share this week on how to decorate with Fall flowers in an effortlessly festive way! (Oh, and I’ll share a Fall home tour this week, as well- stay tuned!) For today, I want to share with you all a chic little wooden sign I made using a wooden board. This project was oh-so-simple, but I love my little HARVEST sign- it just reminds me of apple picking, hayrides, sweaters, … -all the things I love about Fall!
DIY Wooden Harvest Sign
one wooden board, 13″ x 2″
brown acrylic paint
white chalk marker
1. I watered down my brown paint in a 1:1 ratio (so the wood grain would still show through), and painted that onto my wooden board. Let dry fully.
2. I printed out the word HARVEST, at a size that would fit my sign perfectly. I also printed a silhouette of a pumpkin, too! Cut out the words and rub blue chalk all over the back of the paper!
3. Tape the sign with the printed side up (blue chalk side down) on the board. Be sure to make sure the words are even and straight and centered.
4. Using a ball point pen, trace over the letters. The pressure from tracing will transfer blue chalk from the paper to the wood, leaving a mark for the letter.
5. Using a white chalk marker, fill in the outlines of the letters!
And that’s it!
So simple but so cute! I would treat it to protect it from the elements if I was going to display this outdoors, but this sits in my little entryway and is fine as it is! I love my little “Enjoy Fall” wall decal and little pumpkins around the shelf. Stay tuned for my Home Fall tour in a few days!
Want more Fall inspirations? Check out these other ideas below- just click on the pics to go right to the post!