Fall DIY: Leaf & Branch CenterpieceSeptember 7, 2015
Although I love decorating for Fall and although I tend to go “all out” (as my husband so aptly points out to me), I don’t really like to spend a whole lot of money for Fall decorating. I love to get a Fall-themed home on a very minimal budget. And today I’d love to share with you an easy DIY that definitely screams “FALL” but really only cost me about $1 (since I had a few of the supplies on hand). If you had to buy everything yourself, this little project would probably set you back about $5… not too bad, right?! I’m all about budget decorating… and getting “the look” for less!
So here is my gorgeous new Centerpiece Arrangement of Fall Leaves and Branches! You will not believe how simple it was to whip this one together! I love to put on a good TV show (I’ve been into Housewives recently) and sit down with a craft project like this and just get lost in decorating and crafting and creating. And by the time the show is over (and I’ve satisfied my reality TV appetite), I’ve also created a fun little decor piece that I’m oh-so-proud of!
Here is a sneak peek at the finished piece!
Fall DIY: Leaf & Branch Centerpiece
tall container (the orange one I used I picked up from Dollar Tree)
small pail or container to go inside the larger container
twigs and branches (from the backyard)
plastic Fall leaves
1. I first inserted the small container into the larger one. This is to raise the “bottom” a bit, so the branches don’t fall all the way down and out of sight. If you have super long branches, you could skip this step. Otherwise, just use a small container you have around the house to prop up the bottom of your container.
2. Cover with a thick layer of floral moss to conceal the inner container.
3. Insert the branches into the container. Place them randomly throughout the container.
4. Using hot glue, affix one or two leaves to each branch. I placed most of the leaves on the tips of the branches, but this process was mostly random- I like it this way!
5. Finally, wrap a Fall-themed ribbon around the container and make a bow. Use a dab or two of hot glue to secure.
Voila! It’s such a cute addition to my Fall decor! I’m really happy with the way it turned out! In a few days, I’ll be sharing my Fall home tour that shows you all my Fall decorations throughout my living room, dining room, entryway, hallway and kitchen! So excited to share!
Want more Fall decorating ideas? There’s more to see!
Free Fall Printable
DIY Fall Wreath
Fall Decor Hacks