DIY Modern Christmas WreathNovember 30, 2015
This shop, featuring a DIY Modern Christmas Wreath, has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CraftAmazing #CollectiveBias
I love to decorate my house inside and outside for the various seasons and holidays. I have a pretty large collection of wreaths that I’ve made and collected over the years. You will pretty much find a wreath on my door 365 days of the year! Around Christmas time, I have a wreath on the front door, the side door, the back door and the fence door! Yes, I totally have a thing for wreaths! Today, I’m excited to share with you all a quick tutorial for making this Modern Christmas Wreath that looks totally fun and festive! I used some gorgeous Scotch® Brand supplies to put this wreath together and I’m so happy with how it turned out!
Here’s a sneak peek at the final product!
DIY Modern Christmas Wreath
Now are you ready to learn how to make one of these wreaths yourself?! Here are the steps to put together this DIY Modern Christmas Wreath!
Scotch® Expressions Glitter Green Tape
Scotch® Expressions Red Washi Tape
Scotch® Create Super Glue
pipe insulation, about 20″
Scotch® Brand duct tape
2 wooden disc-shaped ornaments
small colorful ornaments
small jingle bells
festive decorative pick
Note: My tutorial below makes the wreath form from a piece of pipe insulation! Pipe insulation can be found at the home improvement store and for only a few dollars, you will have enough to make two wreath forms. In case you’ve never seen pipe insulation before, it looks just like a gray foam pool noodle. Also, in case you already have a foam wreath form or don’t want to make your own, simply start the directions below at Step 3! 🙂
1. The first step is to cut the pipe insulation down to about a 20″ length using a small hand saw.
2. Then, using Scotch® Brand duct tape, curl the ends of the pipe insulation together and secure with the tape. It’s fine if it doesn’t look like a perfect circle right now- once all the accessories are added, it won’t be noticeable at all!
3. Now, take the Scotch® Expressions Glitter Green Tape and start wrapping it around the wreath form. Continue until the whole wreath is covered and attempt to overlap each revolution just a little bit. I used three rolls of the tape of cover the wreath. I love how well the tape bonded to the wreath! By the way, there were so many gorgeous colors of the Scotch® Expressions Glitter tape at Walmart. It was hard to pick just one or two from all the bright, vibrant colors. If you’d like to try this wreath project yourself, you can easily personalize the colors of the final wreath by using different Scotch® Expressions Glitter Tapes!
4. Now, take the Scotch® Expressions Red Washi Tape and start applying it to the disc-shaped wooden ornaments. Place the strips of tape horizontally across the ornaments, leaving some excess on either side. Try to vary the amount of overlap you create between the different strips of tape- this creates an interesting set of stripes! I am really loving these Scotch® Expressions tapes- they are so versatile and attractive! They can really spruce up everyday projects, transforming them into extraordinary creations! I have always had a love for washi tape (and I have accumulated quite a large collection of these tapes over the years), because they are such an easy, fun and impactful way to decorate any craft project!
5. Then, flip the ornament over and trim the excess tape all around the ornament. Repeat on the other ornament.
6. Next, I strung some of the small jingle bells and small colorful ornaments onto a small piece of red string.
7. Hang the string of ornaments on the wooden ornaments. Use the Scotch® Create Super Glue to attach the red wooden ornaments to the bottom of the wreath. I love this glue because it is fast-drying and has a non-clogging tip! Also, it is such a versatile crafting tool, as it bonds to wood, ceramic, plastic, leather, rubber, paper, metal and more! Whether you need a masking tape or a spray adhesive or something else entirely, you’ll likely find a Scotch® Brand product that will be up to the task!
8. Using the Scotch® Create Super Glue, I attached a festive silver decorative pick to the top of the wreath. I love how this glue has a really easy-to-use precision applicator tip. It created a fabulous bond so quickly! And that’s it- my wreath was done!
I simply hung it from a wreath hanger on my front door. I love the bright pop of glittery green color it adds to my front door! And it definitely has a very modern aesthetic, which totally works well with the rest of my home decor! Using the Scotch® Expressions Tapes and Scotch® Create Super Glue from Walmart, I was able to create this wreath both quickly and affordably!
If you’d like to pick up some of these Scotch® Expressions Tapes and Scotch® Create Super Glue, be sure to check the crafting or scrapbooking aisle at Walmart. I found both products near each other in the crafting aisle!
Now, check out all the gorgeous craft ideas using Scotch® Brand products here, and tell me: which craft would you make with the Scotch® Expressions Glitter Tapes / Washi Tapes?!