Cookies and Cream for Halloween: a kid’s snack ideaOctober 5, 2015
Can you believe Halloween is only a few weeks away? If you’re looking for a creative and convenient Halloween snack for the kids this season, I have quite the festive little idea for you today! It’s a sweet little treat that features little cups decorated as pumpkins and filled with a deliciously decadent combination of cookies, cream and chocolate! I think these little desserts are ideal as after school snacks, play date treats and party fare during the Halloween season! #SnackAndGo #CollectiveBias
Want a sneak peek at my little pumpkin cups filled with Cookies and Cream for Halloween?!
So let’s get to the details now, shall we? I headed right to Walmart to pick up my ingredients and supplies!
I picked up all my supplies from Walmart! As my regular readers know, I love getting a great deal, so I shop at Walmart a few times a week! Those Go-Paks! are on my shopping list pretty much every week! I love that they are only $1, so I can stock up on many different flavors and buy these yummy snacks in bulk! always have a variety on hand and I especially love them for play dates and birthday parties- at only $1, you really can’t go wrong with these Go-Paks! Here are some of the ingredients I brought home from Walmart!
Cookies and Cream for Halloween: A kid’s snack idea
Here is the full list of ingredients and supplies that I used for this project!
3 cups of the NABISCO Go-Paks! Mini OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
3 Snack Pack® Pudding Cups in Vanilla
milk chocolate bar
orange construction paper
black electrical tape
green construction paper
green pipe cleaners
orange washi tape
1. First, wrap the cups of the Go-Paks! with the orange construction paper. Cut long strips of the orange paper to fit the height of the cups and secure the edges with a few dabs of hot glue.
2. Next, turn the cups over on some orange construction paper to make a quick template to cut out perfect circles for the lids of the cups. Cut out these circles.
3. Adhere the orange circles to the lids of the cups using a few dots of hot glue. Wrap the exposed edge of the lid with orange washi tape.
4. Adhere some googly eyes with hot glue to the fronts of the cups. To form the noses and mouths, I cut various shapes out of black electrical tape. I made triangles for all the noses and made varying shapes for the mouths.
5. Now, it’s time to make little pumpkin stems. Cut long strips of the green construction paper. Roll up the strip to form a small cylinder.
6. Using hot glue, attach the green cylinders to the lids of the cups. Then, form little spirals from the green pipe cleaners and adhere them to the lids with hot glue as well- these are the pumpkin’s tendrils! Here is what my set looked like at this point.
7. Cute, right? Now, we will get to the good part: filling them with deliciousness! 🙂 The first thing I did was empty out the Mini OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies from the cup and chop them. I filled the cup with the Vanilla Snack Pack Pudding and then placed the chopped OREO Cookies on top! I love these Go-Paks! cups because they’re plastic and they never leak! And since they’re only half full of product, it’s so convenient to add ingredients to the container!
8. I then topped it with the Reddi-wip whipped cream, chocolate syrup, some chopped milk chocolate and a few more chopped OREO Cookies!
This was such a delicious treat. Full of cookies and cream flavor, this is a fabulous treat for Halloween! It’s a perfect little snack to prepare and hand out to a few friends on Halloween- or any day of the Halloween season! Also adorable as an after-school snack or playdate snack with some friends, this is a great way to celebrate Halloween!
My kids absolutely loved these little treats! My 4-year-old got right down to eating the delicious cookies & cream goodness inside. My 2-year-old first spent a bit of time admiring the little faces on the outside and then was happy to dive into the tasty contents of the container!!
Also, I wanted to mention that there is no limit to mixing and matching the various Go-Paks! and Snack Pack Pudding flavors! You can use the Go-Paks! NUTTER BUTTER Bites Sandwich Cookies to put a fun peanut butter twist to this treat! Or you can use the Go-Paks! CHIPS AHOY! Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies for another delicious variation on this snack!
Want to stock up on those Go-Paks!? Snag this coupon here and you can Buy ONE Snack Pack Pudding and Get ONE FREE Go-Paks!
Interesting in making your own Go-Paks! combo? Be sure to get more recipe inspiration here and then let me know in the Comments below which is your favorite combination!!