Whether I’m heading on a plane for a vacation or just taking a road trip with the family, I find that there is a list of must-have items that I need to have with me when I’m away from home. These are items that really make my time away from home more comfortable and less stressful! From my phone charger to a facial spray, I find these items bring a little of home’s comforts to me!
So whether you’re planning on a big vacation, a business trip, or even a quick day trip with the kids, check out my list of useful Travel Essentials!
5 Travel Essentials
1. Device chargers: Probably the most important thing I can take with me is my device chargers: phone chargers, tablet chargers, laptop chargers, etc. I don’t always bring my laptop with me on vacation but when I do, I need my charger or else the laptop will only be good for a few hours before running out of battery power.
2. Relevant contact info: Whether I’m heading to a children’s museum for a day trip or we’re embarking on a long road trip with many stops along the way, I like to have a piece of paper with me that has the addresses, phone numbers and hours of operation of all the places we’ll be visiting. Sometimes the phone will be out of power or the internet connection will be sketchy and so I like to have this contact info easily on hand so I can quickly reference it.
3. Medications: I like to have some common medicines with me at all times, so if I get struck with some heartburn or a nagging headache, I have the right medicines with me so I can feel better quickly.
4. Snacks: I never leave the house for any trip without snacks- mostly for my kids, but also for me, too. You never know when the 45 minute drive might turn to a 2-hour trek due to traffic, and I don’t want my kids (or myself) to get cranky from hunger. So I always have easy, portable snacks like crackers, dried fruits and nuts with me.
5. evian® Facial Spray: This is a product I discovered very recently, but I am definitely a fan of how this makes my skin feel! After travelling on a plane or car, my skin looks dry and tired, and my makeup usually needs a refresher, too! The fine mist produced by evian® actually penetrates the upper layers of the skin, and its unique mineral balance makes it suitable for all skin types! Each single spray of evian® releases several million micro-droplets to hydrate and refresh the skin. I love how the balance of minerals and neutral pH are so effective at quickly hydrating and toning my skin- definitely spruces up my skin post-travel!
It’s so easy to use, too! All I do is generously spray evian® all over my face and wait for it to be absorbed. Then I pat the excess dry! Sometimes I’ll spray it on bare skin to hydrate and tone, but sometimes I’ll spray it on top of my makeup to smooth out my complexion! The travel size bottle is perfect for throwing into my diaper bag or carry-on bag for quick touch-ups throughout the day! Also, a really neat fact is that the water contained in the spray is tested 300 times per day to insure quality and the consistent unique mineral content! If you’d like to try some of this spray for yourself, you can find them at Nordstrom, Sephora and the evian® website.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by evian® Facial Spray, but all opinions are exclusively my own.