Breakfast around here is sometimes slow and relaxed, but 90% of the time it is about getting relatively healthful food down quickly and efficiently while trying to wrangle an active toddler. Therefore, when I first heard of this strawberry casserole, I thought it was too good to be true. Bake a tasty casserole dish ahead of time and then enjoy ready-made portions later in the week. Genius! I tried it once and now I am hooked.
Strawberry oatmeal casserole recipe
2 cups rolled oats
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp orange zest
1 cup sliced strawberries
2 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to greased baking dish.
- Mix together all the wet ingredients.
- Pour over the dry ingredients in the baking dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
*Note: Feel free to add or substitute fruits and nuts to your taste. Sliced peaches, mangoes, bananas or plums would work well here. Also walnuts, peanuts or cashews would also taste great added to the casserole.