Rosewater-flavored oatmeal with fruits – a Middle East flavored breakfastOctober 9, 2012
I love making and tasting foods with Middle Eastern flavors. I’ve made this shawarma recipe before, and I’ve also made this milk pudding recipe as well. Anyway, I had this bottle of rosewater in my refrigerator and I was looking for an idea on using it. And then one morning, my breakfast oatmeal was looking kinda boring and plain. And I had the epiphany. Why not try flavoring it with the rosewater, and then adding some fruits for texture and variety. Yum!
It turned out delicious. Try this out the next time you’re side-eyeing your oatmeal!
Rosewater-flavored oatmeal with fruits
- 1 serving of oatmeal prepared according to package directions
- 1 tsp of rosewater, to taste
- 1/4 cup of mixed fruits, diced (such as bananas, mangoes, peaches, strawberries, etc.)
- 2 tbsp of honey, to taste
- After your oatmeal is prepared, stir in the rosewater. Start off with a small amount. One teaspoon has a lot of flavor. You can always add more.
- Drizzle the honey on top, and toss in the diced fruits.