Any fans of pudding should try this Middle Eastern variation on a classic! Mahalabia, or milk pudding, is a tasty exotic treat perfect for satisfying that sweet tooth!
Mahalabia- middle eastern rosewater flavored milk pudding
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tsbp sugar
- 1 tsp rose water (or less depending on taste)
- slivered almonds or chopped pistachios, for garnish
- cinnamon, for sprinkling
- Bring milk to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Add sugar and cornstarch, stirring constantly. Mixture will start to thicken.
- Remove from heat and add rosewater.
- Pour into small bowl and chill for several hours.
- Sprinkle some slivered almonds and cinnamon on top for garnish. Enjoy!