DIY Discovery bottles- fun kid’s craft projectFebruary 21, 2012
Looking for a DIY project you can do with the kids on a rainy afternoon? Then look no further. These discovery bottles are a surefire way to entertain those little hands and minds. I know my little Sophia is forever mesmerized by watching the confetti float around or hearing the beads clatter on the sides of these bottles.
DIY discovery bottles
- Collect clean, empty plastic bottles of varying shapes and sizes. Remove all labels.
- Find small bags of confetti, beads, dice, etc. at the dollar store to use in the bottles.
- Fill the different bottles with water and toss in the various confetti, beads, dice, etc. Add a few drops of different food coloring to the bottles. Also add a few drops of soap for some sudsy foam to one of the bottles.
- Place some hot glue on the rim of the bottle and quickly close & seal the bottle with its cap. Let the glue dry to ensure a tight seal.
- Shake your discovery bottles & watch your little one’s eyes light up!!!