Crunchy sesame-crusted oven-baked chicken tenderloins recipeMarch 10, 2012
I like fried chicken… doesn’t everyone? But I can’t eat all that fat everyday. It’s just not healthy, but it sure is tasty! What is most appealing about fried chicken to me is the crispy, crunchy crust on the outside. I have found a way to achieve a similar effect without frying. Actually, this method doesn’t even use your stove at all. All the magic happens in your oven. Give this recipe a shot and you’ll be impressed.
Crunchy, sesame seed-crusted, oven-baked chicken tenderloins recipe
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 5 chicken tenderloins
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
- In a shallow dish, mix the milk and hot sauce.
- In another shallow dish, combine the breadcrumbs, sesame seeds, Italian seasonsing, salt and pepper.
- Dip a chicken tenderloin in the milk mixture, making sure it is fully coated.
- Then dip the tenderloin in the breadcrumb mixture, again making sure it is fully coated.
- Repeat with all tenderloins.
- Bake in the oven for ~20 minutes. Flip chicken once halfway through cooking time. Chicken is done when the crust becomes golden brown and the inner juices run clear. Food thermometer should read at least 165 degrees F to ensure chicken is safe to eat.