Cashew-topped tofu & vegetable stir fry recipeFebruary 7, 2012
I had some old cans of water chestnuts and baby corn sitting in my cupboard this morning and I thought ‘How could I use these to make something different?’ I was tired of the usual chicken stir-fries I had made in the past. So when I was at Wegman’s this morning, I picked up some extra-firm tofu and came home with this tofu stir-fry recipe in mind. It is so easy to prepare and tastes authentically delicious! Yes, I said authentically delicious.
Cashew-topped tofu & vegetable stir fry recipe (serves 2)
- handful of cashews
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 small can of baby corn
- 1 small can of water chestnuts
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 large block of extra-firm tofu, cubed
- 2 tbsp stir-fry sauce
- 1 tbsp terriyaki sauce
- Heat the oil in a skillet (or preferably, a wok) and then add the onion and garlic.
- Add the tofu to the hot skillet and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the corn, water chestnuts, sesame seeds and stir-fry sauce and cook for another 5 minutes, so all the flavors come together.
- Serve onto plates, add extra terriyaki sauce, and top with cashews. Enjoy immediately!