Tissue pom poms look kinda fancy, but they are so easy to make! And all it takes it several sheets of tissue paper in your choice of color. I chose a few different colors of tissue paper for my pom pom’s. And I love how these pom poms came out so much, that I am planning on incorporating tissue paper pom poms at our Christmas party. Here is how I made them:
- Stack six sheets of tissue paper. Make 1-inch-wide accordion folds, creasing with each fold.
- Fold a 12-in piece of floral wire in half and slip over the center of the folded tissue. Trim the ends of the tissue into rounded half-moons.
- Separate the layers of tissue paper, pulling each one apart and spreading them.
- Take ribbon or fishing wire and loop it through the floral wire to hang the tissue pom poms.
To make poms poms that look different, you could vary:
- The color of the tissue paper (Use only one color, or combine sheets of different colors!)
- The shape of the ends of the tissue paper; instead of rounded ends, you could cut pointy ends.
- The size of the tissue paper to make smaller or larger pom poms.
- The size of the accordion folds to make more or less intricate creases.
Here is how they look in the corner of the nursery. I love them!