Tissue Paper Pom Poms DIY for NurseryOctober 14, 2011
Tissue pom poms look kinda fancy, but they are so easy to make! And all it takes it several sheets of tissue paper in your choice of color. I chose a few different colors of tissue paper for my pom pom’s. And I love how these pom poms came out so much, that I am planning on incorporating tissue paper pom poms at our Christmas party. Here is how I made them:
- Stack six sheets of tissue paper. Make 1-inch-wide accordion folds, creasing with each fold.
- Fold a 12-in piece of floral wire in half and slip over the center of the folded tissue. Trim the ends of the tissue into rounded half-moons.
- Separate the layers of tissue paper, pulling each one apart and spreading them.
- Take ribbon or fishing wire and loop it through the floral wire to hang the tissue pom poms.
To make poms poms that look different, you could vary:
- The color of the tissue paper (Use only one color, or combine sheets of different colors!)
- The shape of the ends of the tissue paper; instead of rounded ends, you could cut pointy ends.
- The size of the tissue paper to make smaller or larger pom poms.
- The size of the accordion folds to make more or less intricate creases.
Here is how they look in the corner of the nursery. I love them!