If you like creamy mashed potatoes, then you you should give this recipe a try. It doesn’t contain potatoes at all, but it looks like it does! And I think it has a similar taste… we eat with our eyes after all.
This recipe contains steamed, mashed cauliflower and is such a healthful alternative to the traditional mashed potatoes dish.
Cauliflower Mash Recipe
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 slices low-fat bacon, chopped
- Steam the cauliflower and then puree it in a food processor.
- Add the milk and cheese to the food processor and puree until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with the chopped bacon and serve immediately.