7 Easy Yet Clever Kitchen HacksAugust 28, 2023
This is a sponsored post written by me for Priority Chef. All opinions are mine alone.
Want to make your cooking adventures smoother, faster and more efficient? From nifty shortcuts for everyday tasks to brilliant ways to enhance your recipes, these hacks are guaranteed to streamline your kitchen efforts. Keep reading for all the details, including some awesome products from Priority Chef.
1. Mixing Bowl: DIY Popcorn Toss
Skip the greasy microwave popcorn. Toss freshly popped popcorn in a mixing bowl with a drizzle or a splash of olive oil and your choice of seasonings. Shake it up, and you’ll have the tastiest homemade popcorn in minutes. I love that these mixing bowls come with clear lids so it’s easy to shake up the contents without any spill. And if you’re storing food in here, you can quickly see what’s inside (through the clear lid) without having to open it up. My favorite feature is that the interior of each bowl has a measuring guide to allow for precise measurements without needing separate measuring cups.
Another thing I really appreciate about this mixing bowl set is how nicely all the bowls & lids nest together to save storage space. Made of stainless steel, these bowls are durable and perfect for hot food & cold food. They are top rack dishwasher safe and the lids fit the bowls very tightly to eliminate spills and keep food fresher longer. Find this on Amazon by searching for PriorityChef Mixing Bowls Set.
2. Mortar & Pestle: Custom Garlic Pastes
Mincing garlic can be a sticky situation, but not with a mortar & pestle. Crush cloves effortlessly into a paste for sauces, marinades, or garlic bread. No more battling with messy garlic presses, where so much garlic gets caught in the grooves! You can also add your favorite herbs & spices right into the mortar to create fun, customized blends, like Tarragon Lime Garlic Paste or Basil Lemon Garlic Paste.
This mortar & pestle set can effectively grind both wet and dry ingredients, including herbs, spices, coffee and so much more. Once you clean & season the set, it’s ready to use. Plus, the scratch-resistant foam pad is a nice addition to make sure your tabletops remain scuff-free. Find this on Amazon by searching for PriorityChef Mortar Pestle Set.
3. Egg Freshness Test: Wondering if your eggs are still fresh? Fill a bowl with water and gently place the eggs inside. Fresh eggs will sink and lay flat on their sides, while older eggs will stand upright or float due to the larger air pocket that forms as they age.
4. Ripen Avocados Faster: Need ripe avocados in a hurry? Place unripe avocados in a paper bag with a banana or apple. These fruits release ethylene gas, which speeds up the ripening process.
5. No-Mess Pancake Batter: Use an empty ketchup or squeeze bottle to dispense pancake batter onto your griddle or pan. This way, you can make perfectly round pancakes with no drips or mess.
6. Easy Citrus Juicing: Roll a lemon, lime, or orange on the counter while applying gentle pressure. This softens the fruit and makes it easier to extract more juice when you cut and squeeze it.
7. Quickly Soften Butter: Forgot to take your butter out of the fridge for baking? Fill a glass with hot water, pour it out, and then place the warm glass upside down over the butter. In a minute or two, your butter will be soft and ready to use.
I hope these hacks inspire you to kick your kitchen game up a notch or two! What’s your best kitchen hack? What would you like to try from Priority Chef?