5 Tips for Accessorizing Like a StylistApril 6, 2022
If you’re like me, it’s all in the accessories! When I am putting together a look, I get most excited when it comes time to add the jewelry, sunnies, shoes, handbag, etc. For my everyday wardrobe, I love basic staple pieces and then I add a punch of color & personality with the accessories.
If you’re looking to up your accessories game this year, here are some of my best tips:
- Mix and Match
- In order to create an impact, always mix and match pieces. Don’t feel like you need to stick to one type of jewelry piece either – feel free to combine silver with gold and beaded with bangles. It’s the unique combinations that’ll create a gorgeous look.
- Consider Balance
- Now there are no rules when it comes to fashion – well, none that you need to absolutely follow, that is. However, balance is generally something that will make a look feel cohesive. Consider balancing out a statement, high-impact necklace with daintier bracelets to avoid too-much-at-once.
- Switch It Up Seasonally
- New trends always crop up with the different seasons. Change up your staple accessories with the seasons. In the winter, chunkier, larger jewelry pieces can stand up to thicker sweaters and jeans. In the summer, daintier, finer jewelry pieces are more appropriate as we shed the outerwear and opt for lighter outfits.
- Edit The Look
- There’s a popular saying that goes something like this: “before you leave the house, remove one accessory.” It’s to prevent overfilling your look with unnecessary accessories and jewelry pieces. It’s not a bad guideline for when you’re just not sure if it’s too much.
- Pair Big Accessories with Neutral Outfits
- If you’re going heavy with the accessories, make sure to go light with the clothing. Pair a big accessory look with a lighter, neutral outfit. It’s all about finding a way to make the accessories pop – without creating too much busy-ness!