5 Tips for Family Movie Night with Monster Family 2January 6, 2022
This is a sponsored post written by me for Viva Films. All opinions are mine alone.
Movie Night is one of our family’s favorite regular traditions and it seems like we are always planning the next one. Today I’m going to share with you some tips on making movie night special and stress-free for the whole family. We recently had the opportunity to screen Monster Family 2: Nobody’s Perfect and this adventure-filled, heart-warming movie was a hit with all of us and I can’t wait to share a few details about this movie.
Originally released in theaters on October 15th, Monster Family 2 is actually the sequel of the original film from 2018, Monster Family. With this new sequel, the story line follows the adventures of the Wishbone family. While the kids (Max and Fay) face the everyday pressures of growing up, Mom and Dad try to balance work and parenting and everything in between. However, things get complicated when Mila Starr (she hunts monsters) decides to go after several of the Wishbone’s closest friends, including King Conga, the Loch Ness monster, and the Yeti.
In order to protect & save their friends from Mila Starr, the Wishbones decide to transform themselves into monsters. They become a Vampire, Mummy, Werewolf, and Frankenstein and make it their mission to defend and protect their monster friends. It is such an adorable story and the cinematography, voice-overs and animation really bring it all to life so beautifully. Check out the trailer here:
Monster Family 2 teaches children a number of life lessons, including the importance of standing up for your friends. With a focus on family & friendship, the movie is a beautiful reminder that we need to cherish the relationships that matter to us. The movie is rated PG so it’s appropriate for the whole family.
Want to have your own family movie night at home? Here are some of my time-tested tips for the best experience:
- Schedule it. Make it a regular day and time that you watch movies together. We often do movie nights on Friday evenings!
- Let each family member take a turn selecting the movie. Monster Family 2 is a crowd-pleaser that everyone in our family enjoyed. We usually rotate who gets to choose the next movie.
- Don’t forget the snacks. We love popcorn & chips, along with some sweets like ice cream & candies. Be sure to have plenty of refreshing drinks on hand as well.
- Get comfortable. Keep plenty of pillows and blankets on hand to create a cozy ambiance for the movie.
- Take a little break in the middle. Especially if you have younger kids, it may be a good idea to schedule a mini intermission halfway through the movie so the little ones can burn some energy.
Don’t forget to look for Monster Family 2 everywhere On Digital and On Demand on January 4th. Simply rent or buy the movie on Amazon, iTunes, Redbox, DirecTV and more.
Would you like to check out Monster Family 2 with your kids? What are your best tips for a fun family move night?