10 Beauty Uses for Coconut OilMarch 23, 2021
This post contains affiliate links.
When it comes to multi-tasking ingredients, coconut oil is one of the best out there. There are so many awesome uses for coconut oil in the kitchen, around the house and as part of your beauty routine. If you’re wondering how to incorporate coconut oil into your beauty routine, you’re in the right place – keep reading!
Which coconut oil is best?
I like extra virgin, expeller-pressed coconut oil like this one from Amazon. It’s affordable when you purchase a large size like this and you’ll have enough product to last a long time.
How do I use coconut oil in my hair?
1. Use coconut oil as a deep conditioner. Since coconut oil easily penetrates the hair strands, it’s ideal for deep conditioning. Apply a quarter-size dollop to your hair and comb it through. Rinse with a gentle shampoo.
2. Use coconut oil to add shine to your hair. A tiny amount (keyword: tiny!) is all that’s required to add some shine to dull, lackluster locks. If you add too much, your hair will appear greasy so remember that a little goes a long way.
3. Use coconut oil to tame frizz. Taming flyaways is easy with a little melted coconut oil spread between your hands. Run your fingers through your hair, focusing on the ends for a smooth & polished mane.
How do I use coconut oil on my face?
4. Use coconut oil as a cleansing balm. Since coconut oil helps to dissolve makeup and dirt on the skin, start your nighttime cleansing routine with some coconut oil. Follow up with a gentle face cleanser to remove the oil.
5. Use coconut oil as a DIY face mask. All you need is some coconut oil, lemon juice and mashed avocado for a balancing face mask that’s sure to leave your skin hydrated & soft.
6. Use coconut oil to remove eye makeup. When it comes to waterproof mascara and eyeshadow, the right makeup remover is key. I love using coconut oil to gently dissolve any eye makeup. I follow it up with a wet washcloth.
7. Use coconut oil as a lip scrub. Making your own lip scrub is easy with some melted coconut oil and brown sugar. Simply adjust the proportions to your liking but a 1:1 ratio is a good starting point. Exfoliate the skin on your lips to reveal a smoother, softer pout.
How do I use coconut oil on the body?
8. Use coconut oil to moisturize dry hands. Adding some coconut oil to your hands after washing them is an easy way to keep your skin softer. Even better: slather on some coconut oil, put some cotton gloves on, and go to sleep. You’ll awake with the most hydrated hands ever!
9. Use coconut oil to shave your legs. Typical shaving creams are filled with harsh ingredients that are not beneficial for skin health. A simple swipe of coconut oil is all that’s necessary before you shave. The skin-soothing properties will result in a close shave without irritation!
10. Use coconut oil to sooth dry cuticles. If your cuticles have seen better days, try massaging some coconut oil into them. It’s an easy way to replenish the moisture in this common spot of dryness.