Benefits of REI MembershipMarch 25, 2019
This is a sponsored post written by me for REI. This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are mine alone.
Whenever I’m feeling stressed out or overworked, there’s always one solution that seems to work wonders: just getting outdoors! Just a walk through the park can really clear my mind and reset my mood. That’s why I was excited about the opportunity to check out some of the apparel from REI Co-op. The folks at REI are really passionate about spending time outdoors… just like me!
March can be a tricky time of year when it comes to getting dressed for the weather. Mornings tend to be colder, while afternoons tend to be warmer. I have found that layers are the best bet for this time of year. A light jacket goes a long way in carrying me through the day’s fluctuating temps. I recently received two jackets from REI. The Trailsmith Jacket has a neutral color and is totally comfortable.
Did you know that REI’s mission is that a life lived outdoors is a life well lived? I love that and I couldn’t agree more!
The Trailsmith Jacket is durable and features roomy cargo pockets to hold small items. REI designs their own line of award-winning clothing that is made to be worn outdoors, regardless of whether you’re an outdoor newbie or a seasoned expert.
I paired the Trailsmith Jacket with an army green tee, a pair of skinny blue jeans and some waterproof boots. I’m totally ready for an outdoor adventure. Also, I just wanted to add that the jacket feels so durable… love that!
Another bonus feature of this jacket is the side-seam zippers. Use them to increase the ventilation or loosen the fit.
Oh, and did you notice the bandana? That’s the Trailsmith Bandana and I think it adds so much pizzazz & color to the outfit!
For days that call for rain, I always turn to a hooded jacket. As a mom that’s always on the go, a hood just seems so much more practical than an umbrella. That’s why I’ve been loving my Anorak Jacket. It features a roomy hood, gorgeous peach color and a flattering, loose fit.
I paired the Anorak Jacket with some black jeans and it’s the perfect outfit for a spring hike or for simply taking care of errands around town.
Did you know that REI donates millions of dollars to support conservation efforts throughout the country? They also send teams of volunteers to build trails, clean up beaches and more. REI started as a small group of climbing buddies and is now the largest consumer cooperative!
Interested in one of these jackets or want to check out the gear selection at REI? Here are some of the amazing perks:
- REI Members save 20% on any one full price item PLUS an extra 20% off one REI Outlet item. Awesome savings, right?!
- Further, members get an extra 10% (two times the dividend) back every time at least $50 is spent on REI brand items.
- 10% will be paid by single-use digital member bonus card. This is valid from 4/12/2019 – 4/22/2019. Terms and conditions apply to this offer. Visit REI.com/member-bonus for details.
- There are also members-only special offers. All it takes is one big purchase for the membership to pay for itself.
- Also, there are in-store REI Garage Sales, where members can take advantage of significant savings (around 50%+) on gently used and returned gear.
- Members get special discounted pricing on REI Outdoor School classes and events, rentals, bike and ski shop services.
- Members get special pricing on REI Adventures trips, in which they can explore fun locales with expert local guides. How fun! That sounds like something I’d really enjoy!
Interested in signing up? Between 3/22-4/8, use the following coupon code for 20% off: MEMBERPERK2019
Learn more about REI and see how they can equip you for your outdoor adventures this year. Have you ever heard of REI? Do you also enjoy spending time outdoors?