10 Brilliant Spring Cleaning TipsApril 10, 2017
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Lysol®, Finish®, Woolite®, and Air Wick®. The opinions and text are all mine.
When spring rolls around, there’s something brilliantly awesome about bringing the home back to a fresh, clean state: getting rid of dust, de-cluttering, wiping down surfaces, and adding shine everywhere. However, when it comes to cleaning the house, I am always trying to save time and money. I was recently asked by Reckitt Benckiser to come up with some smart cleaning hacks and today, I will be sharing some brilliant cleaning tips & tricks with you. I’ll also be sharing some promotional, limited-time offers on some of my favorite Air Wick, Lysol, Woolite, and Finish cleaning products at Target. Take advantage of these everyday saves today to make cleaning fun and easy.
10 Brilliant Spring Cleaning Tips
1. Towels: If your towels are smelling a bit musty and need to be refreshed, try the following solution. Wash all the towels in a hot water mixture of vinegar and baking soda. This combination should remove foul odors from the towels and leave them soft & clean.
2. Mugs: Do your coffee mugs show signs of your last mug of java? To get rid of those stubborn coffee and tea stains, use a combination of vinegar and dish soap to remove those stains. A clean mug is a much more appetizing vessel to enjoy your morning cup of joe.
3. Air: Nothing is more inviting than a room that smells great. I have been a long-time fan of the Air Wick Oil Warmer. I recently picked up the Air Wick Fresh Waters Scented Oil Refills from Target and I’m loving the scent they add to my space. The Scented Oil Warmer actually offers 8x more fragrance control (compared to the previous Air Wick Scented Oil Warmer), which is convenient for everyday use.
It was really easy to set this up in my home. I simply twisted off the cap on the refill and inserted it into the Oil Warmer gadget. I love that this product works for a room of any size (up to 124 square feet).
I then plugged the oil warmer into the outlet and really enjoyed the Fresh Water fragrance. The lovely, delicate scent contains essential oils and reminds me of the freshness of the beach.
Plus, this package comes with four more refills, so my home will be smelling great for a long time. Each refill lasts up to 45 days per refill (based on the low setting).
There are some amazing Cartwheel Deals going on from 4/2 through 4/29. With this coupon here, you can get 5% off any Air Wick Freshmatic item. With this coupon here, you can get 10% off any Air Wick Scented Oils.
Plus, there’s also an amazing promotional offer available from 4/9 through 4/15. When you buy 3 5ct Air Wick Scented oils, you will get a free gadget. Click here to snag this deal, along with other coupons for Lysol, Woolite or Finish products.
4. Glass: Need to wipe glass surfaces? Grab a coffee filter. Not only are they incredibly affordable, but they will leave a lint-free finish on your surfaces.
When wiping surfaces in my home, I really love using the Lysol Lemon Breeze All Purpose Cleaner Spray. Not only does this all-purpose spray kill 99.9% of viruses and bacteria when used as directed, but it also smells so lovely. I love a citrus scent in my home and this Lemon Breeze variety makes my home smell fresh & clean!
I use this spray on my counters, sinks, cabinets, tiles, tubs and so much more. It effectively cuts tough grease and deodorizes various surfaces in my home.
5. Silver: Does your sterling silver cutlery or sterling silver jewelry need some shine? An effective, money-saving hack is to use toothpaste to scrub the silver and create a shiny finish. This trick works surprisingly well.
6. Curtains: If your curtains have been collecting dust and debris, but you don’t really want to take them down and throw them in the washing machine, just use a lint roller. The sticky surface is effective for removing surface dust, hair, and other dirt.
7. Walls: As a mom of two young kids, I am all too familiar with marks on my walls from pencils, pens, crayons, markers, etc. The best solution is to rub a white erasing sponge on the blemish in circular motions.
8. Caddy: Cleaning can be time-consuming and tiring, so it’s important to be as efficient and organized as possible. That’s why I always carry my cleaning caddy around with me when cleaning the home. It’s simply a basket that holds my cleaning essentials, including spray bottles, towels, sponges, toothbrush, gloves, squeegee, etc.
9. Stainless Steel: To get your stainless steel appliances looking like new, first use a vinegar & water solution to remove dirt and grime from the surface. Then, rub some olive oil into the stainless steel in circular motions.
10. Fabric: If your microfiber or fabric seats have stains from spilled food, messy craft sessions, etc, here’s a quick way to clean the seats. Combine baking soda and hydrogen peroxide to form a paste. Rub this into the stain and use a paper towel to blot away any excess. As always, test on an inconspicuous part of the fabric beforehand.
I hope these tips have helped you tackle your spring cleaning to-do list. Don’t forget to take advantage of these promotional offers on your favorite Air Wick, Lysol, Woolite and Finish cleaning products at Target!
Find out how Air Wick can supercharge your spring cleaning this year and tell me: What are your best cleaning hacks? Which of these tips is your favorite?