Simple Tips for Heart HealthFebruary 25, 2016
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of American Heart Association for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.
Here are a number of specific reasons why I want to live a healthier, longer life!
- I want to be the best mom I can be to my two young daughters, who depend on me from sunrise to sundown every day.
- I want to be the best wife I can be to my husband, who was also my high school sweetheart & who I adore deeply.
- I want to be best daughter I can be to my two parents who need me now more than ever.
- I want to be the best friend I can be to all my friends who have been supportive over the years.
- I want to be present during all the precious moments sharing quality time with all the fabulous people in my life.
Now that I’ve shared my reasons for wanting to live a longer, healthier life, start thinking about your reasons.
Did you know that February is American Heart Month?! The American Heart Association wants you to enjoy all of the precious moments you share with your loved ones. The good news is that taking care of one’s heart does not have to be difficult or complicated. In fact, there are a number of simple steps you can take today to make yourself healthier tomorrow.
- Consume plenty of fruits & vegetables. Add fresh fruits & veggies to your salads, soups, and other recipes to increase your body’s intake of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- Reduce the amount of sodium in your diet. Avoid eating out too often. When cooking at home, choose low-sodium products (low-sodium soy sauce, low-sodium soup, etc.).
- Reduce the amount of soda and other sweetened beverages. Choose unsweetened beverages and add some flavor with an infusion of fruits & herbs.
- Begin an exercise program, under your doctor’s guidance. Working out on a regular basis is an easy way to increase your overall health & fitness level.
- Monitor your blood pressure. Ensure your blood pressure is maintained within the normal range.
Want more easy steps you can take to live a healthier life? The American Heart Association has plenty of resources for healthy living, such as recipes and tips for moms. There’s also actionable tips to maintain heart and brain health. As an organization that’s funding life-saving research to help people live longer lives, the American Heart Association cares about people and wants them to be as healthy as possible.
As moms, we have the power to make a change for ourselves and our families. Our children look up to us as role models and emulate our lifestyle choices. So let’s make smart decisions about our health and encourage our children to do the same. If more moms participate and support this mission, our future will be healthier than our present.
Want healthier recipes, mom hacks and lifestyle tips for a healthier future? You have to check out the American Heart Association’s Pinterest Page. It’s full of amazing, free resources to live the best, healthiest life possible.
I’ve shared my reasons why I want to live a longer, healthier life. Life Is Why! Now, I’d love to hear from you! What are your reasons for wanting to live a longer, healthier life?
Thank you for your valuable tips. I’ve been more heart healthy conscious of late, especially since I’m going to be 54 this year. I want to watch my grand kids grow up.
Beautiful reasons to be healthy! I agree with all your tips. One way to reduce sodium is to read the labels. There’s a lot of hidden salt in prepared meals, even frozen vegetables!
Yes I definitely try to be careful with sodium levels. That’s an easy way to make a heart-healthy choice.
Thanks for the great reminders and tips. It can be so easy to be lazy when it is so cold out during the winter so I need all of the motivation I can get.
I believe being healthy is not just for ourselves but also for others. These are great tips and reminders.
Really important and heartfelt reasons to stay healthy. I come from a long line history of diabetes and its complications so I value good health so much more after seeing my family members went through really tough times from heart disease and diabetes. For me, I want to enjoy life with my son and my partner and that’s why I need to be healthy. Great post! 🙂
[…] Simple Tips for Heart Health – 1 freebie(s)? […]
Heart disease is indeed something my family knows to much about. My grandparents had it and my mom has it . My mother had a massive heart attack September 5th and has been in the hospital more times than I can count since than. I can’t stress enough how important it is to take care of yourself before something goes wrong with your heart or body for that matter. What we do today will have consequences later down the road. American Heart Association is an awesome source of information for living heart healthy.
Heart disease affects so many families. We know too much about it too. I agree that what we do today will have consequences tomorrow.
Great reasons to stay healthy!! Thank you for these great tips!!
Always important to put your health as a priority especially when you have kids too!
Thank you for sharing these awesome tips! My family is heart conscious bec. we have congestive heart failure with some of our close relatives. So we need to be proactive about it!
Yes we need to be proactive about it too.
Good for you for thinking about the heart health for your little ones. Eating lots of fruits and vegetables always makes a world of a difference in my overall health.
Family is the best reason to want to live heart healthy! These are great tips for incorporating healthier habits into your lifestyle.
We all live in a life that is filled with so much of stress all around & I agree health must be the highest priority to make sure we adopt to any situations that this world turns around. Thanks for the great tips & those reminders as well.
These are all great reasons to want to live a healthier life!! Good luck to you!!!