This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of American Heart Association for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.
Many of us run around all day taking care of various responsibilities from morning until nighttime. We tend to our kids, we cook meals, we pay bills… we fulfill so many duties. The truth is we don’t often stop to think about our health, unless something is already wrong. However, it’s wise to make our health a priority and ensure that we are taking basic steps to stay healthy over the long run. Life Is Why I want to live a healthier, longer life.
Here are a number of specific reasons why I want to live a healthier, longer life!
- I want to be the best mom I can be to my two young daughters, who depend on me from sunrise to sundown every day.
- I want to be the best wife I can be to my husband, who was also my high school sweetheart & who I adore deeply.
- I want to be best daughter I can be to my two parents who need me now more than ever.
- I want to be the best friend I can be to all my friends who have been supportive over the years.
- I want to be present during all the precious moments sharing quality time with all the fabulous people in my life.
Now that I’ve shared my reasons for wanting to live a longer, healthier life, start thinking about your reasons.
Did you know that February is American Heart Month?! The American Heart Association wants you to enjoy all of the precious moments you share with your loved ones. The good news is that taking care of one’s heart does not have to be difficult or complicated. In fact, there are a number of simple steps you can take today to make yourself healthier tomorrow.
- Consume plenty of fruits & vegetables. Add fresh fruits & veggies to your salads, soups, and other recipes to increase your body’s intake of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- Reduce the amount of sodium in your diet. Avoid eating out too often. When cooking at home, choose low-sodium products (low-sodium soy sauce, low-sodium soup, etc.).
- Reduce the amount of soda and other sweetened beverages. Choose unsweetened beverages and add some flavor with an infusion of fruits & herbs.
- Begin an exercise program, under your doctor’s guidance. Working out on a regular basis is an easy way to increase your overall health & fitness level.
- Monitor your blood pressure. Ensure your blood pressure is maintained within the normal range.
Want more easy steps you can take to live a healthier life? The American Heart Association has plenty of resources for healthy living, such as recipes and tips for moms. There’s also actionable tips to maintain heart and brain health. As an organization that’s funding life-saving research to help people live longer lives, the American Heart Association cares about people and wants them to be as healthy as possible.
As moms, we have the power to make a change for ourselves and our families. Our children look up to us as role models and emulate our lifestyle choices. So let’s make smart decisions about our health and encourage our children to do the same. If more moms participate and support this mission, our future will be healthier than our present.
Want healthier recipes, mom hacks and lifestyle tips for a healthier future? You have to check out the American Heart Association’s Pinterest Page. It’s full of amazing, free resources to live the best, healthiest life possible.
I’ve shared my reasons why I want to live a longer, healthier life. Life Is Why! Now, I’d love to hear from you! What are your reasons for wanting to live a longer, healthier life?
Disclosure: Engineer Mommy is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, which is an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For additional details, please see our full Disclosure Policy
. Any link may be an affiliate link. All opinions are exclusively my own.